Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £16/hour
Head Chef Vacancy –
Head chef required for a large School in the Luton area. This will be term time only and working for 35 hours a week. No weekends, no evenings and all school holidays off.
About The Role
* Working 35 hours a week.
* Motivate the existing team and elevating the standard level of cooking
* Must be able to work on a tight budget with most meals being sold for £2.30
* Menus are pre-planned on a set rota
* cooking for 850+ children per day
* You will be managing all aspects of the kitchens, including Health & Safety and Training & Development,keeping records and all paperwork aspects up to date.
* Tremendous work/ family life balance, most of our catering contracts involve early starts and early finishes Monday – Friday.
* Term time only
* Uniform and training provided
* Good communication skills are key in this role, you will need to communicate what standards you have to the team, communicate between departments and attend meetings for feedback on service provided to the students and staff who eat in the canteen.
* You will need to have a proven track record for working within a tight budget.
* A passion for delivering a high standard of food
* You will have perfected your craft from your previous experience over the years
As you will be working in Education, you must provide two employment/character references and we will also carry out an Enhanced DBS / Criminal Record Check as well
- Address Luton, Bedfordshire