Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £9.32/hour
Start your career with Avara Foods and join the driving force behind our success and earn a minimum of £380 per week.
As one of the UK's largest food businesses, we are playing a critical role in keeping the nation fed. We are continuing to operate and are looking for motivated people to join our team as a Hatchery Operative based at our Hatchery in Quainton, Buckinghamshire. With ambitious growth plans, we are continually investing in our facilities and our people, with opportunities to develop and build your career with us.
What’s in it for you?
• Hourly pay rate: £9.32
• Paid weekly
• Guaranteed hours and opportunities for overtime
• Employee benefits include a competitive pension and access to lifestyle and wellbeing resources
• A safe dynamic working environment
• Training and development opportunities from day one
Purpose of the role
As a Hatchery Operative, working as a part of the Hatchery Team, you’ll help assist the hatchery and play a key role in the daily duties which are fundamental to our entire business.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring chicks are sorted into the required grades and quantities, ready for farm delivery
• Assisting in the effective movement of eggs from storage to incubating machines and then to hatching machines
• Cleaning all equipment after use to the required high standards
• Safeguarding bio security and following these strict procedures
• Observing bird welfare and health and safety on site at all times
What we are looking for:
• Good level of English and basic numeracy skills
• The ability to work well within a team and communicate effectively
• Good attention to detail and a flexible attitude to tasks
• Experience within a production/manufacturing environment is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
Mon 06.00 – 16.00
Tues 06.00 – 15.30
Wed 06.00 – 12.30
Thurs 06.00 – 16.00
Fri 06.00 – 15.30
A little about us:
Avara Foods supply chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 7000 people.
All our facilities are Covid secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our people safe:
• Daily temperature screening
• Social distancing measures – including floor markers and 2m separation where possible
• Screens and barriers installed at workstations and canteens
• PPE and face coverings required in all shared spaces
• Additional facilities and amenities to reduce congestion
• Increased cleaning regimes across sites
If you’re ready to work in alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
Due to Bird Welfare, it is essential that you do not own any Avian Pets or Poultry.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer
- Address Quainton