GST Test and Commissioning Technician
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
ABOUT AB DYNAMICS
AB Dynamics is one of the world’s leading specialists in automotive test systems, supplying a range of advanced solutions including driving robots, ADAS soft crash targets and driving simulators to all major vehicle manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers globally. The company's unique technology is used for many applications including the development of autonomous vehicles.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Test and Commissioning Technician to support the commissioning and final test of our Guided Soft Target (GST) vehicles. The GST is an electric vehicle product used in the development of driver assistance systems and automated driving. The GST relies on cutting edge technology with GPS guidance and high capacity electric batteries.
* Electrical and mechanical commissioning of each new build
* Programming and setup on-board PC and software
* Connection, testing and setup of the battery and monitoring system
* Internal PC setup
* Performing functional tests on GST systems – braking, suspension etc.
* Setup and testing of the electric drive motors
* Supporting the Track Test Team in functional tests
* Fault finding and servicing of existing products
* Preparing the finished product for shipping
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
* Electrical or mechanical technical qualification, NVQ 3, or technical degree
* Experience of automotive electronics
* Critical thinker with a good understanding of engineering
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Computer literacy
The role also provides the opportunity for overseas travel to provide electrical/mechanical support to our customers on-site.
We’re an innovative, dynamic company in one of the most interesting areas of automotive engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience at AB Dynamics. In addition, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment along with highly competitive salaries, an additional discretionary company bonus and an attractive benefits package, including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), private healthcare and company pension contributions.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation
- Address Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire