Groundworks Foreman- Civil Engineering
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £40000 – £50000/annum + Vehicle + Excellent Package
My client is a Regional Groundworks Contractor.
They are looking for reinforcements for their office in Hampshire which generally operates within a 40 mile radius of Winchester, Hampshire
They are seeking an experienced Foreman from a strong demonstrable permanent background in Groundworks. They are seeking someone who resides in the area as they seek to develop a team for the long term.
The nature of the projects that they undertake includes;
– Site Clearance
– Reinforced Concrete
– Roads & Sewers
– Contaminated Land
– Commercial Groundworks
– External Works
– Hard & Soft Landscaping
Although this is a management position the successful applicant will be expected to perform a hands on role and assist where required.
* Assisting in implementing/monitoring Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
* Responsible for ensuring a safe working environment for all site staff.
* Broad knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
* Manage labour requirements on site.
* Manage sub-contractors effectively with particular emphasis on Health & Safety and Quality.
* Have a working knowledge of construction methods and techniques.
* Carry out site safety inspections, record findings and arrange remedial action as required.
* Set a personal example at all times.
* Liaison with Client, Designer, Project Management teams, HSEQ advisors.
* Ensure that appropriate PPE is used at all times.
* Management of plant with regards to records of servicing, maintenance and inspections etc.
* Control and monitor competencies on site.
* Direct and control all labour on site.
* Prepare timesheets, plant and records if required.
* Ability to brief relevant information to all staff.
* Have an understanding of the safe systems of work for the site.
* Promote safety, environmental and quality best practice at all times.
* Organise site operations in accordance with the safe systems of work to the required standard with minimum risk to staff, public, equipment and materials.
* Plan and maintain a tidy site.
* CSCS card
* Extensive Civils experience in the UK and particularly in groundworks
* Experience in a similar position
* Drivers licence
- Address Hampshire