Grounds Maintenance Operator
Job Type : Contract, Full Time
Salary : £9.69/hour
We are currently recruiting Grounds Maintenance Operators for 9 months. This is an excellent opportunity to work with our established client maintaining the grounds of their Water Treatment Works and Network sites in and around the Huntington area.
Successful candidates will be accountable for undertaking grounds maintenance activities on a variety of sites to a schedule provided and recording the work completed on a corporate system.
You will also be accountable for:
* Operating and performing daily checks on a variety of powered and non-powered plant, tools and equipment including vehicles, ride on mowers and small hand-held tools
* Carrying out minor remedial work on non-assets (e.g. paving flags), appropriate to the level of competence and training.
* Adhering to Health and Safety requirements and to complying with regulations and internal company policy.
* Identifying any site standards improvements and winter work during the scheduled visits.
* Working closely with the process and network teams while on their sites.
In order to succeed in this role you will need to have the ability to demonstrate practical experience of Grounds Maintenance in an outdoor environment and be able to demonstrate practical experience in using grounds maintenance machinery such as ride on mowers, walk behind mowers, strimmers, blowers and hedge cutters.
You will also have the following:
* A full UK driving license.
* Ability to plan activities on a variety of sites to a schedule provided.
* Excellent communication skills in order to liaise with a range of stakeholders.
* Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to risk assess dynamically.
* Hold accredited Grounds Maintenance qualifications e.g. Lantra, City & Guilds, NPTC etc.
* Pesticide Application PA1 & PA6.
You will work 37 hours per week Monday to Friday.
To avoid missing out on this opportunity, please email your CV across today.
PLEASE NOTE: Should your application be successful, and you are offered the role, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any assignment offer with our client will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from Disclosure Barring Service.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment business.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants
- Address Chester, Cheshire