Job Type : Contract, Temporary, Full Time
Salary : £10 – £11/hour
Belmont Recruitment are currently looking to recruit a number of Public Realm Operatives to join Nottingham City Council’s Neighbourhood Services on an initial 7 week contract.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Public Realm Operative, you will be providing a range of gardening, refuse, recycling and cleaning duties throughout Nottingham City Centre. This will include street cleaning, grounds maintenance and refuse collection from households. Operating and maintaining a range of hand tools, light power tools and plant equipment will also be involved within this role.
This is a mobile role, where you may be required to drive and maintain vehicles up to and including 7.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight. Vehicle checks, maintenance and the completIon of driving records must be done on a daily basis within this role.
* Ability to work with and carry materials of an unpleasant nature
* Ability to carry out vehicle driver inspections and maintenance including regular oil and water checks
* Ability to undertake a physically active role which could include walking up to 15 miles per day
* Full UK Drivers Licence
* Previous experience of manual handling, ideally within a grounds maintenance or cleaning role
Working Hours – Organised in accordance with the needs of the service. They will include evenings, early mornings, weekends and public bank holidays.
Location – The postholder must be prepared to work at locations throughout the whole area of Nottingham
Please apply with an up to date CV if this role would be of interest
- Address Nottingham, Nottinghamshire