Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £60000 – £75000/annum Car & Bonus
c£60,000 – £75,000 + car + bonus
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a successful and vibrant Agricultural Machinery Dealership in the Oxford area. dealers. The company ethos is to operate like an Agricultural dealership, providing excellent customer service to farmers and contractors in an established trading area, by providing sales and aftersales support for new and used equipment and complimentary franchises.
The General Manager will oversee the day to day operations of all areas of the dealership, continuing to drive the business forward. Working closely with the management team, you will ensure that the Dealership integrates successfully into the well-established dealer network, setting examples of best practice in keeping with company philosophy and values.
You will also be responsible for implementing and championing business processes with all members of your team, encouraging a culture of learning and continual improvement.
The General Manager’s duties will include managing a team of 10 to 15 people, helping them to perform to the best of their abilities, to deliver outstanding customer service. Additionally, the General Manager will successfully manage their budget, whole-goods and spare parts inventories, and the workshop, to maximise company profitability in line with KPIs.
To be successful you will be a strong team player with a high level of independence and influence possessing excellent communication and leadership skills. Ideally, you will have experience working in a General Manager/Dealer Principal position, with proven success in managing businesses and a team of people. You will have the relevant knowledge of the agricultural machinery industry, with experience in developing an agricultural dealership.
• Develop a dealership which stands out for its customer service.
• Promote a culture of excellent customer service across all areas of the business, treating all customers with equal importance.
• Provide products and services that are in tune with the customers’ needs and wants.
• Ensure all customer touch points result in a positive customer experience.
• Establish and promote robust customer relationships built around establishing new customers and growing repeat business.
• Consider the implications and consequences of all decisions on the company brand.
• Define and execute strategies to ensure continual growth in line with company ambitions.
• Create clear and achievable sales targets based on margin and profitability.
• Understand and monitor the workshop absorption rates to provide a positive contribution to the company’s results.
• Establish parts turnover reporting to maximise the return on parts investment.
• Liaise with all stake holders of the business to understand the commercial potential and opportunities in the trading area.
• Produce regular sales, workshop, parts and financial reports, detailing, turnover, gross margin, absorption rates, stock turnover and profitability across all franchises.
• Set and deliver on annual budgets designed to meet company expectations in terms of growth and EBIT.
• Establish a series of KPIs designed to continually health check the business, with regular reporting to all interested parties.
• Focus on cashflow, understanding the importance of credit control and minimising customer debt.
• Ensure all members of the team comply with the company’s philosophy and values.
• Attend internal and/or external training courses.
• Support and develop the team in line with their individual needs.
• Share personal knowledge and industry experience with the wider team/network.
• Undertake additional duties to assist the company as requested by the Managing Director.
This really is a brilliant opportunity and if it sounds like the right opportunity for you then please apply now and send a cover letter along with your application
- Address OX7, Spelsbury, Oxfordshire