Food Service Assistant
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £8.91/hour
Food Service Assistant – Sybil Andrews Academy
Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
£8.91 per hour
15 hours per week 38 weeks a year
Monday- Friday 11:30am-14:30pm
Term time working
Do you have Catering experience, or would you like to be trained to be an exceptional Caterer? We can help.
Would you like to work for a Company who are fanatical about engaging our colleagues, improving their wellbeing and developing their careers?
Are you wanting a flexible working life that fits around your schedule?
If the answer is yes to the previous questions, your new opportunity is awaiting you;
We're looking for a dedicated Food Service Assistant at Sybil Andrews Academy in Bury St Edmunds Suffolk who wants to make a difference and thrives in a challenging environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to extend your Catering experience, or to kickstart your career with extensive training in order for you to achieve your career goals.
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-services facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is driven by putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do.
Values and Behaviours:
The Food Service Assistant will have:
* Great customer service and communication skills.
* Passion for sustainability.
* A Team player providing an excellent service across the Vertas Group.
* The ability to make the best decisions with Vertas in mind.
* Listening and responding to colleagues, customers and suppliers to achieve the best outcome.
* The ability to adapt and respond to change in a growing organisation.
Main responsibilities include:
* Assist with preparing or cooking simple foods, usually under supervision from the Head of Kitchen.
* Layout and display food for counter service, including receiving prepared meals and checking of temperatures and also the layout of dining room furniture.
* Assist in the serving of meals.
* Collect and dispose of waste food and materials.
* Clean the dining room and put furniture away.
* Wash-up or clean all items of crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, equipment, etc. in accordance with Vertas Catering policies, reporting any faults or defects noticed to the Head of Kitchen.
Vertas is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and declare any cautions, convictions, reprimands or final warnings which are not protected as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).
* £8.91 per hour.
* Term Time working.
* Company pension scheme.
* Lifeworks Staff discount scheme.
* Job related training plus personal development opportunities.
* Mental Health First Aiders support.
* Employee Assistant Programme available 24/7.
* Virtual GP Facility.
* Smart Health Mental Health Support
- Address IP32, Rushbrooke, Suffolk