Fire Risk Assessor
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Our client provides authoritative and strategic advice on asset risk management, property legislation, health, safety, quality and environmental risk management and property and facilities outsourcing. They provide advice on functional business management, compliance auditing and corporate governance.
They are currently looking for a Fire Risk Assessor to join their growing team based in Sidcup, Kent. Reporting to the business manager, the fire risk assessor will be responsible for conducting site based fire risk assessments on our clients’ portfolios. Their portfolios are likely to vary in their makeup.
Although not an exhaustive list the role will involve;
• Undertaking fire risk assessments in accordance with nationally recognised guidance in an appropriate format, to an accepted standard in a timely manner.
• Liaising with the fire safety administrator and head of fire risk management to deliver risk assessments in line with our contractual requirements.
• Liaising with sub consultants.
• Attending client meetings when necessary.
• Undertake peer review/validation of others work.
• Provide technical advice to clients.
• Manage the expectation of assigned clients
• The fire risk assessor must have a full clean driving license and access to their own vehicle and be willing to travel throughout central and greater London as part of their day to day working activity. There will be occasions where the assessor will need to travel into the home counties to undertake site based inspections
• To be successful in your application for our Fire Risk Assessor position you will need to be fully conversant with current fire safety legislation and technical standards as well as a full understanding of current fire safety issues, trends and best practice.
• It is essential that you have completed a series of nationally recognised training courses and/or be listed on the national recognised register of fire risk assessors and have the desire to become 3rd party certificated under a UKAS accredited fire risk assessor competency scheme.
• A self-starter, you will confident in making contact with clients and their building managers and be able to manage your own workload
- Address Greater London