Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £35000 – £45000/annum Neg
We are currently supporting an established family run business who require an experienced Finance Manager to join their small team.
Established in 1991 my client has recently split into three separate entities: suppling goods to installers and end users, installation services, and online sales. The purpose of this role is to take ownership of the finances across the group, taking a hands on approach completing accounting procedures whilst assisting senior management in making critical business decisions.
This will be a varied and challenging role as the entities are very different.
* Assume responsibility of accounting procedures
* General undertaking of financial administration within the entities
* Record financial transactions and produce month end journals.
* Develop and implement financial systems and policies to ensure continuous improvement
* Prepare financial statements for internal and external use
* Analyse financial performance and produce forecasts
* Recommend methods and strategies for cutting costs
* Advise management on financial decisions to assist business profitability and growth
* Manage cashflow on a day-to-day basis
* Lead, manage, and guide others in the accounting department
* Ensure compliance with all financial regulations, and reporting (CIS / VAT etc.)
Desirable skills and personal attributes:
* Proven experience as a management accountant, accounting supervisor or similar
* Solid knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles and practices
* Knowledge of cost accounting and reporting
* Excellent knowledge or risk analysis, budgeting and forecasting
* Working knowledge of financial software and MS Office
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Organisational and leadership skills
* Accountancy Qualification would be great but AAT or QBE is fine