Farm Technical Lead – GRADUATE
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £24000 – £27000/annum + Car
We have a truly outstanding opportunity for a recent Agri/Horti/Science graduate looking for an opportunity to kick-start their career in Farming/Fresh Produce or Agronomy.
In this unique role, you would be joining the farm management team to assist with crop management and lead on technical matters in a major Organic vegetable farming business. You would be collecting, assessing and delivering valuable information in a timely manner. Working closely with the procurement team to build a picture of raw material supply throughout the season and providing relevant information both internally and externally where necessary. In joining the Farm Management Team, the key objective of the Farm Technical Lead is to maximise productivity and profitability of all organic crops.
* Assist and monitor all aspects of farming operations to make sure they are being carried out correctly and efficiently reporting directly to the Farms Manager
* Work alongside the Farm Manager to address all technical matters, including but not limited to; paperwork through to advising on crop husbandry decision making specific to crop requirements during the season.
* To work in conjunction with the Farm Manager to prepare and partake in all site audits
* Crop monitoring to also include areas such as pest/disease monitoring (carrot fly trap monitoring, spraying timing). Assist on irrigation management, burning timings and checking crop growth progression.
* Take responsibility for managing the hand weeding teams during the summer months, monitoring performance and cost (assisted by the farm manager).
* Ensure company health and safety procedures are always followed. Attend annual H&S visits with the National Farmers Union.
* Lead the implementation of carbon footprint monitoring, in conjunction with third parties.
* Assist the farm team with practical operations (including machinery operation), from time-to-time, if require
We are looking for an energic and flexible graduate who’s motivated to kick-start their career. You will be an excellent communicator with a passion for plants and soil.
BASIS and FACTS training will be provided.
This role is located in a fabulous estate within north Norfolk.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, don’t hesitate, get your application in immediately via this website.
- Address Sandringham, Norfolk