Engineering Manager (Textiles)
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £40000 – £45000/annum £40,000 to £45,000
We are recruiting for an experienced Engineering Manager to work for a textile company located in the Huddersfield, West Yorkshire area.
The main purpose of the role is to provide cost effective, efficient and effective equipment installation and full support service for all production equipment, plant and buildings.
* To ensure company standards are met and documented procedures and working practices are in place to cover all routine functional activities. Also that these are fully integrated to reflect cross-functional boundaries, and that these are fully respected by company personnel.
* To work closely with the Pre-production department, including involvement in design sign off, equipment review and training to achieve a smooth handover into production and ensure reliability, maintainability and durability.
* To ensure agreed standards of installation and maintenance of the building fabric, grounds, plant and equipment are maintained.
* Control and manage a PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) system.
* To negotiate contracts and control contractors, ensuring EHS, Statutory regulations and Company policy are complied with.
* Liaison with EHS authorities and to advise on EHS issues. To provide a structure which effectively communicates and trains as appropriate EHS issues to the workforce.
* To ensure full commitment and support for training, succession planning, recruitment, communications, environment health and safety (including IMS), quality policy (including IMS), housekeeping and personal discipline.
* To promote good communications at all levels, ensure prompt delivery of team briefs, departmental meetings, kaizen activities and supporting the works council.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* Formal engineering qualification (minimuim HNC in an Engineering discipline).
* Must be able to demonstrate a range of management skills including task orientation, team working, communication, planning, problem solving, negotiation and commercial awareness.
* Minimum 2 years experience working in a similar management role.
You will earn a basic salary of between £40,000 and £45,000 / annum (depending on experience), plus outstanding benefits
- Address Huddersfield, Kirklees