EIA Director (Infrastructure)
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £70000 – £85000/annum
My client is a leading engineering and environmental consultancy based in London and they are looking for environmental directors (EIA/ SEA) in one or more of Rail, Road, Aviation, Power, Utilities and Water sectors.
We are seeking experienced environmental (EIA/SEA) Directors to further
strengthen our Infrastructure team, playing key
leadership roles in .
You will balance developing our business and
infrastructure team with delivering projects and
winning new work, ensuring the highest levels of client
care. You will be responsible for helping set the company's
strategic direction and increasing our market share in
your chosen sector(s).
On projects you will take project director / technical
lead roles, depending on your specific skills and
interests. In business development you will spend
time pursuing projects, securing framework
opportunities, managing key client and partner
relationships, and leading or contributing to bids for
projects of all scales. You will actively use and
develop a network of contacts in client organisations,
strategic partners and other collaborators to win and
You will be supported by and work closely with
colleagues across the company.
• Provide leadership of business development and delivery in your chosen sector.
• Provide technical expertise in one or more of the following fields: environmental impact assessment & management; planning & engagement; strategy & sustainability.
• Lead and contribute to a wide variety of infrastructure and development projects.
• Financial/commercial responsibility for projects and tenders.
• Provide technical direction and oversight on projects within the team including writing,
checking and review of deliverables.
• Develop client relationships and win new work.
• Undertake bidding work including preparing,
contributing to and reviewing bids/tenders.
• Communicate, liaise and collaborate effectively with clients and colleagues.
• Help grow and develop the wider team through mentoring and line management.
• Provide health, safety and welfare leadership identifying potential hazards, demonstrating a commitment to workplace safety.
• Enhance the company's reputation and market
position through your professional (technical and sector specific) profile and contribution.
Successful candidates will have:
• A passion for the environment and delivering
• Masters’ degree in relevant discipline (or significant experience)
• Specialism in one or more of the traditional EIA disciplines, planning or sustainability
• Strong networking capability and key contacts in the infrastructure sector.
• Significant experience at senior management level with a good track record winning and delivering projects (both large and small projects)
and working in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Experience of working with major clients in UK
• Ability to influence project decision-makers to
arrive at sustainable solutions.
• Bid preparation and business development experience.
• Confidence, excellent communication skills, energy and enthusiasm, and a creative approach to problem solving
It will be desirable if you have:
• Chartered member of a relevant professional
institution (e.g. CEnv with IEMA, IES or CIWEM).
• International experience of work on major
infrastructure projects and programmes.
• Experience of working client-side for major
infrastructure clients as well as consulting
• Expert witness experience.
• Additional qualifications in project/contract
management, programme planning, facilitation
and dispute resolution
- Address London