Editorial Assistant Copywriter
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £18000 – £22000/annum
Please note, this role is part of the government’s Kickstart programme and is only eligible for people currently claiming Universal Credit who are aged between 16 and 24. This is a home-based position, but with occasional requirements to attend team meetings in the Nottingham/Derby area. The weekly hours for this role are a minimum of 20 and up to 39.
‘Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic…’ – and (Dumbledore forgot to add this…) they also help people get jobs.
Because they drive first impressions, spark conversations, and pave the way for great hires.
From the first skim-read of a job advert to the scanning of the CV number 264 in a pile of 600, first impressions matter. Words matter. And many professionals waste that opportunity.
But we’re changing that. And you can join our mission.
* Are you a stickler for speling and a sarge for a grammarians’s’s’ bugbears (…?)
* Have you achieved a degree in a writing-focused discipline?
* Do you have experience in putting other people’s thoughts and drivers into words?
In this role, you’ll be supporting a triage of businesses: Recart, Adhook, and My CV Writer – the former, a global recruitment business; the latter two, specialist editorial outfits.
Careers and recruitment. It’s just about who you know, right? It’s just down to the luck of the draw? It’s just an admin merry-go-round preceding sales patter and interviews?
To some people, yes, but let’s go look at that secret weapon again…
* Recart… A recruitment business hiring for key-hires and niche roles, with an editorial quality focus on presenting candidates’ motivations and character, which has yielded a 68% improvement in the business’s CV-to-interview success ratio
* Adhook… Branded job adverts, crafting businesses’ unique values and passions into words that hook the right characters, not just skillsets. A 92% advert-to-interview success rate.
* My CV Writer… Building compelling, engaging CVs for senior professionals and executives, with standout personal summaries that cut through buzzwords to present the individual.
Job searching and recruitment doesn’t have to be a numbers game – a people’s lottery – based on the alignment of superfluous character clichés and aggrandising buzzwords.
It’s becoming less and less of a secret because it’s making more and more sense. Our CVs have helped CEOs and technical specialists land jobs. Our job adverts saved one multi-site national business more than £30K in recruitment costs within 18 months.
Wherever you are, desk-bound or in lockdown, you can contribute to our work. Even pre-COVID, we have embraced flexible working.
You’ll be supporting and learning the ropes from an Editorial Manager who is a senior-qualified journalist with 15 years’ professional copywriting experience.
From CV and job advert writing to blogs andsocial media posts, there’s plenty to get stuck into.
Click apply and look out for an automated follow-up email. Please check your spam folder if necessary. In reply, answer the questions to complete your application and confirm your interest
- Address NG9, Beeston, Nottinghamshire