Editorial Assistant (12 month fixed-term contract) Books
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Closing date: 9th June 2021
Routledge, a leading international academic publisher part of Taylor and Francis Group, is currently looking to recruit an Editorial Assistant (12 month, fixed-term contract) to work on the Psychology Books list.
We are seeking a candidate with enthusiasm, motivation, and a real interest in learning new publishing and business skills, to work from our office in either Oxfordshire, UK or Philadelphia, US. As an Editorial Assistant you will take charge of a variety of general administrative tasks and act as a main point of contact for colleagues, authors, and other stakeholders. You will provide administrative support as part of the global Psychology Editorial team, and will be responsible for maintaining databases, passing manuscripts to production, writing copy, drawing up contracts, and commissioning peer reviews of proposals and manuscripts. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a thorough introduction to the world of publishing within a varied and demanding role with plenty of opportunities for professional development.
What you’ll be doing:
* Providing administrative support and assisting in the management and development of the list
* Keeping in-house databases up to date
* Preparing and passing manuscripts to the Production Department
* Writing copy for book covers and catalogues
* Drawing up and sending out contracts
* Commissioning and chasing peer review of book proposals
* Monitoring schedules, delivery dates, and publication deadlines to ensure the timeliness of publication
* Main point of contact for authors and internal colleagues
* Working as part of a squad to prioritise and manage workloads across the list
- Address Milton