Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Adept Resourcing are recruiting for our client an experienced Electrical, Control and Instrumentation (EC&I) Engineer to join their Control Systems team based in Sheffield.
* Technically review and understand customer requirements.
* Creation of user requirements and functional design specifications.
* Development of control and safety concept.
* Definition of PLC automation system and software coding.
* Fault finding and resolution in PLC and MCC electrical panels.
* Participate in plant safety studies and design reviews (HAZOP/LOPA).
* Creation of automation project documentation (cause & effect, alarm lists, ITPs)
* Assist with onsite system commissioning.
* Provide technical support, including scope of works and costings, to the sales team.
* Degree qualified in a subject related to electrical or control systems engineering or be a time served EC&I engineer.
* Experience with PLC based automation systems in the process industry.
* Experience specifying and approving PLC and MCC electrical panel design.
* Capability to work on multiple project simultaneously
* A ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to get involved with all aspects of the manufacturing process.
* A full UK driving licence
* The successful candidate must be willing to occasionally travel within the UK and overseas.
* Siemens PLCs, specifically S7-300, S7-1200 and S7-1500.
* Safety systems including safety relays and safety PLCs.
* Programming in TIA Portal, Step 7 or PCS 7 using one or more of the following programming languages ladder logic, CFC and SCL.
* Functional safety and safety integrated systems including SIL specification/verification.
* Design, modify and code SCADA and HMI systems – Siemens WinCC flexible/Advanced.
* Electrical schematics.
* Wiring design/specification in accordance with BS 7671.
* Specification and commissioning with kW-to-MW rectifiers and VSDs.
* Experience with hazardous area installations – ATEX.
* Competitive salary
* Pension Contribution
- Address S4, Burngreave, Sheffield