Design Lab Producer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
The Design Lab Producer works in partnership with EPs, VFX Producers, the Head of Character Lab, the Head of Environment Lab and Technicolor’s Business Development Team to bid, schedule and crew projects using the Design Lab across MPC Film’s portfolio of shows.
* Work with Business Development Team to review scripts, breakdowns and technical requirements including pre-production processes and VFX content creation; providing bid documents including man days and requirements needed to complete the work, considering the latest technology available, re-uses and sequence context
* Work with the CPM to actively participate in pitches by interfacing with Clients and Supervisors and forming proposals for Design Lab tests
* Work with Business Development Team and Workforce Planning to forecast team utilization, adjusting schedules whenever feasible to mitigate capacity concerns, without creating undue risk to deliveries
* Working alongside DM & HODs on planning and scheduling Research & Development work alongside the Shows schedules
The Design Lab Producer provides production management support to the VFX Producers post-award, when required, including but not limited to:
* Support on the creation of the Delivery Roadmap including production plans, risks and strategies
* Attend Weekly Department Meetings to report on efficiencies and issue resolution, and support the Delivery Meeting escalation protocol when required
* Collect and maintain a historical view of award bid vs. actuals to understand the journey and reflect strategic business changes in future bids
* Verify that briefs are within scope of the Design Lab, as well as within bid parameters; measure and remedy poor bid vs. actuals
* Using Production knowledge to identify the most efficient distribution of builds schedule-wise to inform resource allocation on the seat planner, considering all potential and running shows
* Work directly with VFX Producers to highlight overspend for investigation and collaborate on ways in which shows can run more economically and efficiently
* Support the CPM with setting up and organizing new shows until teams have been established, including, but not limited to setting up Shotgun, creating jobs directory/review Tool, bid imports etc.
* Assist Global EP with Design Lab production knowledge on global MPC projects as and when needed
Depending on brand needs, the Design Lab Producer is also responsible for Virtual Production Producing. Virtual Production helps filmmakers to perfect their vision in a digital environment long before they hit the set.
* Extending existing bidding responsibilities to collaborate with the Head of Virtual Production and Client-side Supervisors to flesh out VP methodologies and complete cost modelling
* Facilitating quarterly VP round table sessions with key stakeholders
* Assist Global EP with VP knowledge on global MPC projects as and when needed
* Provide production management support to VFX Producers working on shows with VP
The Design Lab Producer champions a positive and productive culture of high performance, supporting the brand as a global industry leader in visual effects.
* Collaborate with the Department Managers and HODs to build continuous improvement plans for the Design Lab and work with all global stakeholders to exploit all opportunities for gains in efficiency and profitability
* Helps to cultivate a productive and healthy culture, resonating the MPC values
* Be an advocate of diversity and inclusivity
* Act as an ambassador to promote MPC within the local film community
* Support MPC’s external positioning by actively sharing social post
- Address London