Debt Recovery Associates x 3
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £20000 – £21000/annum Bonus up to £500 per month
Debt Recovery Associates x 3 – City Centre – Permanent – £21000 plus bonus
My retained client seeks an additional 3 Debt Recovery Associates to join their busy team of 10. They will also be expanding again in September this year. Great atmosphere to work in. Based in the centre of town.
1. PURPOSE OF JOB:
Member of the Debt recovery team dealing with the effective recovery of debts to the company including Principle loans, interest, charges and charge backs.
2. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
* Recovery of short term loan debt from customers following default on their payments using all tools available, including but not limited to, telephone calls, emails, letters and sms messages.
* Managing accounts to ensure they are correctly and efficiently organised and detailed and accurate notes are kept on all dealings with customers.
* Taking telephone calls from a wide range of customers which involves dealing with sensitive, contentious and complex issues on a daily basis.
* Contribute to establishing and implementing procedures, standards, targets and new initiatives.
* Deal with a wide range of correspondence ensuring customers receive proper notice of any payment arrangements or further collections action.
* Dealing with customers’ bankruptcy and liquidation of companies or any 3rd parties the customer requests, such as debt management companies.
* Taking payments over the telephone using the online payment system.
* Process amendments including write offs, changes to payment arrangements and customer circumstances ensuring accurate notes are kept at all times.
* Operate customer tracing procedures using in house and external systems.
* To understand the value and usefulness of performance information and appreciate the need to monitor our progress.
1. CONTACTS AND RELATIONSHIPS
Operations Manager –
Allocation of work. Performance reviews, appraisals, personal development and training needs.
Underwriting/ Administration –
To clarify information and give/receive advice on any disputes and complex accounts. Coordinate collections activity such as letters and postcards.
Debtors/ Public –
To negotiate payment arrangements and give appropriate advice in sensitive, contentious and complex circumstances.
Third Parties –
Including employers, Citizens Advice Bureau, Debt Management Companies to give/ receive detailed information
Discretion – Autonomy to make daily decisions regarding negotiating effective recovery of debts whilst ensuring current policies and procedures are met. Use sensitivity when dealing with vulnerable customers with difficult financial circumstances.
1. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work Demands – Ensure the recovery of debt working to strict deadlines on a daily basis. Meet performance targets. Constant interruptions to tasks and flexibility to be moved from one task to another as required
1. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Customer Care skills – ability to deal with difficult customers and complex issues.
Know and understand the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act.
Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to deal with a wide range of customers.
Excellent negotiation skills.
Ability to work to strict deadlines and meet performance targets whilst maintaining accuracy.
Ability to work under pressure.
Contribute towards adapting and changing of procedures to meet both the company’s and customer’s needs.
Competent in internal and external computer systems and numeracy skills.
8.00 – 4.30pm – one late per week working 9.30am – 6.00pm – 1 Saturday in 8. 10.00 – 4.30pm paid a full day
20 days holiday
Bonus – £500 per month
Debt Recovery experience not essential. Sales background or someone who has dealt with the public on the telephone. Work hard ethic and happy to work to targets.
Organisational skills and punctuality