Job Type : Temporary, Full Time
Salary : £10.50 – £12/annum
ALENT84 are looking for relief chefs to work at carehomes in Durham and around the North East.
* To plan and provide nutritious meals to all residents on a daily basis, ensuring food purchased is fresh and within budget
* Ensure all health and safety and environmental health standards are achieved and maintained
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
* Report and record in the appropriate manner any information considered to be important to the Homes Manager
* Adhere to policies and procedures
* Any other duties that the post holder may reasonably be expected to perform
* Ensure that a good standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained throughout the kitchen, to meet the required standards of practice prescribed by Environmental Health Agencies
* To conform to the Care Home's Food Hygiene procedures
* Ensure all equipment used is well maintained, in good working order and to log any defects and report the manager
* To prepare, cook and present well-balanced meals and beverages to the highest quality incorporating, cultural and dietary needs as required by the residents and staff of the Home.
* Ensure all stock ordered is consistent with planned menus that reflect choice and preference
* Maintain an accurate stock control
* Carry out good food Management, temperature controls and HACCP documentation according to current Food Hygiene regulations
* Previous catering experience within a commercial or business setting
* Food Hygiene Certified Level 2 as a minimum.
* NVQ Level 2/3 in Food Preparation/Catering
* Knowledge of cleaning procedures
**An Enhanced DBS (CRB Disclosure) is required for this position
- Address Durham, County Durham