Data and Compliance Officer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Data and Compliance Officer
* To take a lead in ensuring a pro-active approach to the monitoring of Apprenticeship and Classroom delivery and to assist in compliance checking of all streams of funding paperwork.
* Provide support and administration duties to delivery staff taking a lead on Apprenticeship and Classroom delivery.
* To compliance check all paperwork and ensure learner set up on appropriate systems
* Provide tutor support with regards to the collection of learner evidence to ensure compliance and liaison with regards to timely submission of reviews and booking of EPA.
* Be responsible for timely and accurate data entry on to relevant external and internal systems.
* Assist with the compilation of management information reports, data extraction queries and reconciliations of data as and when required.
* Carry out audits of documentation and appropriate IT systems to ensure full compliance with all aspects of contracts in Pin Point Training in line with ESFA methodology.
* Manage the booking and processing of Functional Skills examinations.
* Registration and certification claims with relevant awarding organisations.
* Report anomalies/problems/inconsistencies in the quality and compliance of Apprenticeship contracts promptly to the Claims and Data Lead.
* Ensure 100% compliance across all funding paperwork and data entry.
* Ensure that you work to the Pin Point Training’s vision, values, objectives and priorities and are strongly committed to them.
* Understand and adhere to all responsibilities to ensure that the quality requirements of Pin Point Training’s Quality Assurance Framework, the prime contractor, funding body or any other contract stakeholder, are maintained.
* Promote the principles of Equality and Diversity and ensure that the policy is fully applied at all times.
* Understand and be committed to all personal responsibilities under Health & Safety and Safeguarding procedures, and ensure that the policies are adhered to at all times.
* Ensure that the Code of Conduct, Data Protection, Harassment & Bullying, Confidentiality, Anti-Fraud, Data Security and all other policies of the Company are fully applied at all times.
* Strictly adhere to all Pin Point Training’s processes and procedures.
* Ensure individual expertise and subject area knowledge is up to date through Continuous Personal Development, including sharing good practice, engaging with training and acquiring / maintaining any individual qualifications required for the role.
* Work flexibly in the field and across offices, as and when directed by line manager.
* As necessary, and in addition to the above, undertake other activities commensurate with the nature of the post.
* All Pin Point Training employees are required to demonstrate a number of core competencies.
* Self management – manage workload effectively.
* Relationship management – develop and maintain productive relationships with your Team, Management, Clients, Partners, Sub contractors and all key stakeholders.
* Customer and Employer focused – committed to understanding client aspirations, supporting their needs.
Excellent IT skills that include Word, Excel, and Outlook
Possess some knowledge of FE and use of MIS systems i.e. PICS
Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritise work and work under pressure
Possess an understanding of the Learner Journey process
Good team player and able to work on own initiative
Customer focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Good telephone manner
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Excellent organisational skills
Ability to multi-task
Good attention to detail and accuracy
Good time management
ESF funded contracts
Apprenticeship compliance and funding
learner management systems and eportfolio e.g. OneFile
A background or knowledge of FE and use of MIS systems i.e. PICS
Please apply with your CV via the apply button
- Address Dunston, Gateshead