Crop Nutrition Agronomist
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
We are recruiting for Crop Nutrition Agronomist for our client that is the market leader in liquid fertilisers in the UK, manufacturing and exporting a unique range of plant nutrients and crop health promoters, nationally & internationally.
This is a Technical Sales role. The purpose is to maximise the sales of foliar and speciality fertilisers by providing technical solutions to customers’ needs, by building strong relationships with existing customers and building business with new customers.
* To achieve annual revenue and gross profit targets as agreed. To do so by selling to our clients customers and influential growers based on sound and appropriate technical advice. Principle focus will be on potatoes, field vegetables and sugar beet but will also include combinable crops and other speciality crops.
* Develop close working relationships with distributor and independent agronomists. Support them on farm if required. Influence their decision-making process to promote the product range where technically appropriate.
* Work closely with the District Sales Managers and the rest of the Speciality team to deliver the company’s strategic objectives for the product group. Also, liaise effectively with the Company’s Distribution and Credit Control personnel, helping to ensure the achievement of customer requirements.
* To prepare, agree and implement a coherent sales plan that will achieve sales growth and deliver exceptional customer service.
* Promote the product range to be at the forefront of crop nutrition technology, thereby enhancing the status of the company within the marketplace.
* Develop technical expertise in your particular crop sector. Develop technical expertise in particular product groups (e.g. plant health promoters).
* Support the Technical Development Manager to develop new market opportunities for products based on sound technical evidence, including facilitating grower product performance trials.
* To provide authoritative technical training, advise and support for distributor customers and independent agronomists as and when required.
* To help provide the highest standards of customer and after sales service.
* To attend conferences and exhibitions as appropriate.
* An Agricultural qualification is essential.
* BASIS and FACTS qualifications for agriculture are also required.
* Personal integrity with resilience, tenacity and a mature attitude.
* Working from home requires a self-reliant, disciplined and highly self-motivated approach.
* Planning skills and effective time management are also important.
* Have the stature, technical authority, and people skills to develop strong personal relationships, both with customers and colleagues.
* With a “hunting instinct”, the job holder should have a sharp commercial awareness and good negotiation skills. The successful candidate should also be comfortable working with agreed sales targets.
* A current clean driving licence is preferable.
* The successful candidate is likely to be experienced in advising and selling to the agricultural sector and of adding value to product sales through providing technical advice directly to the farmer/grower.
* A structured sales training will be an advantage. Experience of advising and selling to growers is essential. Experience of advising and selling agrochemicals or crop nutrition is desirable.
* Exposure to disciplined and formal account management techniques is desirable.
* A proven ability to generate new business is essential.
* The job holder will ideally have at least three years field sales experience and ideally on the relevant geographic territory.
Excellent remuneration package, including a Contributory Pension Scheme, contributory health care scheme, and performance related bonus.
A company vehicle and IT equipment necessary to perform the role will be supplied.
Hunter Global Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment / and employment business for the supply of temporary workers
- Address East of England