Job Type : Contract, Temporary, Part Time, Part Time
Salary : £390 – £430/week
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to gain experience in a school environment . The post involves covering staff absence. You will be required to cover all subjects. We are seeking strong candidates with a high level of initiative and classroom management skills.
Main responsibilities include:
* To undertake whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher, presenting lessons using plans previously prepared by the regular class teacher
* To develop curricular knowledge as required by the school
* To apply the school’s Behaviour Management Policy and report any difficulties to the supervising teacher/head teacher
* To set homework previously prepared by the teacher
* To undertake observations of the pupils and contribute to pupil records where necessary
You will be an enthusiastic individual who is able to use your own initiative whilst also being able to relate well and establish a rapport with young people. You will need to be flexible and able to work constructively as a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities. You may also be required to participate in development and training opportunities as and when they arise.
Applications welcome from experienced Cover Supervisors and recent graduates.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults; therefore, every candidate is subject to relevant qualifications, satisfactory references, enhanced DBS and other relevant checks being made