Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £50000/annum
The Corporate Tax Department currently comprises of a Principal, a Senior Manager, an Assistant Manager, a Supervisor and a trainee, overseen by a Partner. The Department advises clients across the practice and the work undertaken is very broad.
Focusing primarily on owner managed businesses, the team also handles large transactions, including areas such as EIS, share schemes and everything in between.
We require an Assistant Manager to join our small yet busy Corporate Tax team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties of this role are varied and will include the following:
* Preparing tax provisions for inclusion in statutory accounts
* Preparing corporation tax computations
* Filing corporation tax returns
* Dealing with HMRC correspondence
* Providing advice on corporation tax matters to the audit teams
* Assisting the Partners with corporation tax advisory matters
* Assisting with the preparation and filing of Form 42 and ATED returns
* Training and coaching more junior staff
* Other ad hoc duties in line with the role
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
* The ability to deal with complex compliance for primarily owner managed businesses
* Good written and oral communication
* The ability to work in a team
* Strong computer literacy
* The ability to motivate others
The successful candidate should ideally be CTA qualified and have at least 4 years’ experience within corporate tax, including at least one year PQE.
It would also be beneficial if the successful candidate had experience using Alphatax, although training will be provided