Computer Vision Software Engineer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £60000 – £70000/annum
MFK Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a company in London who are a Software Development company, they specialise in Artificial General Intelligence (AGI), they are currently seeking a Computer Vision Software Engineer to join their team.
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Computer Vision Software Engineer with a passion for both technology and the development of practical usable applications. Past development team (agile) leadership experience is desired.
The Computer Vision Software Engineer will have the opportunity to work on innovative Computer Vision projects developing AI applications for the Defence sector and for other commercial customers.
The novel enhanced CNN system will be a core component of a range of future products bridging the performance gap between existing CNN-based solutions and the future Spiking Neural Network (SNN) solutions being developed by their Research team. Enhanced CNNs will solve current customer problems in computer vision and object recognition and will, over time, incorporate further enhancements derived from our SNN and other neuroscience inspired research.
The Computer Vision Software Engineer will work on the development of a novel enhanced convolutional neural network (CNN), based on proprietary approach already developed by the company with the potential for wide application, but initially on a project for a defence industry partner.
Computer Vision Software Engineer Essentials:
* A strong background in the application of Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs) to machine vision and image analysis.
* Experience using CNNs on large-scale datasets such as ImageNet.
* Excellent Python development skills.
* You must have worked with either Tensorflow or PyTorch for CNNs.
* Ability to develop using a rapid prototyping approach aimed at demonstrating capability and improved performance vs. competing CNN solutions.
* Proven ability architecting and delivering high quality, practical and reliable software.
* Experience translating advanced mathematics into efficient code.
* Enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced engineering team.
* No objection to working with defence sector customers.
Computer Vision Software Engineer Desirable:
* Longer experience or background as a full stack lead developer.
* Development team leadership experience, SCRUM or other agile/rapid development methodology experience.
* Doctorate in computer vision / machine learning.
* Strong academic background including postgraduate level qualifications in a scientific or technical discipline with some formal computer vision / machine learning content.
* Experience working with academic and/or industrial researchers
- Address TW8, Brentford, Greater London