Job Type : Contract, Full Time
Salary : £14 – £16/annum Inside IR35
Main Purpose of the role:
* The client is a collaboration between local and national government working to tackle criminality affecting public finance.
* It works in partnership across the UK with police forces, regional organised crime units and other law enforcement organisations
* The communications officer supports through coordinating internal and external communications and promoting the function to stakeholders and the public through proactive communications.
* Act as a communications lead for establishing and maintaining good working relationships with communications teams across partner organisations and stakeholders.
* Represent client in wider regional and national communications networks
* Provide professional communications advice and work proactively to assess how communications can support the work both internally and externally.
* Support business objectives by developing communications plans to outline those objectives and associated delivery
* Source proactive 'good news' stories to enhance the reputation of the unit both internally and externally and inform and reassure stakeholders and the wider public.
* Utilise the full range of internal and external communication channels, to communicate with the right audience, at the right time, in the right way, publishing across a range of channels including web and social media. Monitor media and all other channels, reacting appropriately when required to maintain and enhance the client's image.
* Ensure the consistent application of the NATIS brand and key messages through all proactive communications, both internally and externally.
* Develop and maintain responsibility for the communications strategy
* Provide a regular evaluation of communications strategy and activity to the senior management team.
* Develop quality and timely media releases, appeals and statements in response to press enquiries and for the workforce as well as internal and external stakeholders.
* Take the lead for communication coordination, particularly in the event of a significant incident.
* Attend briefings regarding significant events involving and provide professional communications and media handling advice to the senior team where required.
* Minimum of 3 years experience working within a professional communications role within a large complex organisation, preferably within a Police organisation.
* Experience of delivering campaigns and the promotion of an organisation including planning, monitoring and evaluation.
* Evidence of professional development and qualifications in communication
* Strong communication skills and an ability to write in a clear, succinct and engaging manner, adapting for audience and channel.
* Works effectively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Ability to present ideas and effectively persuade and influence at all levels
* Demonstrate ability to make decisions under pressure and deal effectively with complex and sensitive issues, providing media advice around significant incidents,
* Demonstrate creativity and innovation in the delivery of internal and external communications through a variety of channels
* Demonstrate ability to manage busy workload and conflicting priorities
* Understanding of audience segmentation and the ability to adapt internal and external communication plans to meet the communication needs of the audience
* Working knowledge of media law, equalities, human rights, data protection and freedom of information
* Post holder must have a full driving licence and a vehicle for business purposes
* Business insurance must be arranged for the individual when using a private vehicle. Travel will be required, either mileage paid for or fleet vehicle use may be provided on occasions
* Prepared on occasions to work outside of normal working hours.
* Security vetting to NPPV3 Level (MV)
- Address Grays, Borough of Thurrock