Commercial Finance Business Partner (6 month FTC)
Job Type : Contract, Full Time
To support the strategic direction, this role will address how key financial performance is reported and explore how to transform current reporting through digitalisation. This role is instrumental in the planning and execution of this strategic initiative.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the role will also take on existing responsibilities for commercial customer reporting and financial modelling. Acting as the key finance lead to partner sales and cross category stakeholders across the organisation.
* Explore and understand business requirements to deliver new financial reporting functionalities on a digital platform.
* Lead and coordinate finance teams to embrace digital reporting.
* Finance Lead for Customer Driven Projects eg. Tesco/Booker Merger.
* Finance Lead for (Trade Promotional Investment) Analytics, this will include analysis of customer promotional costs and long term agreements (JBP’s).
* 1 direct report for commercial customer reporting which includes the review and support of:
* Production of Total UK customer performance by product areas and type (Brand and Own Brand)
* Responsible for various Top 4 customer KPI trackers
* Review Sales Channels Monthly Reporting Pack
* Production of Sale Directors Scorecards
* Production of Total UK Group demand reporting used for forecasting and budgeting purposes.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Previous experience in a Commercial Finance role, preferably within FMCG
* Previous experience of Business Intelligence Platforms eg. Microsoft Power-Bi/Tableau/SAP Analytics.
* ACCA, ACA or CIMA Qualified Accountant. (At least 5-7 years post qualification experience)
* Excellent communication and influencing skills – confident and able to present complex information, challenge stakeholders and engage with internal and external customers whilst adapting style for different audiences
* A high degree of business acumen with the ability to demonstrate that you have made a significant impact to improve business performance through your concepts, initiatives and action that you have taken in prior roles
* Possess Strong analytical skills and business partnering experience to non-finance stakeholders
* Flexibility to adapt to a fast-changing commercial environment
* Great presentations skills – ability to influence senior stakeholders
* Advanced Excel skills and Financial Systems experience
* Financial modelling skills
* Ability to work in a cross functional organisation
* Financially commercial and operationally aware
* Capable of driving behavioural change across a range of finance and non-finance stakeholders at all levels
* Experience of working on business intelligence platforms is essential