Commercial Assistant – Birmingham 3 month contract
Job Type : Contract, Full Time
Salary : £10 – £14/hour Perm
This role is within a large construction business based in Birmingham city centre. You will support and administer activities within departments and customers within a commercial business function.
The role will involve working closely with the commercial Director/Manager reviewing financial statements and cross-referencing large value financial payment allocations.
This Full-Time position is your opportunity to take your financial and analytical skills to the next level by running reports and review for any discrepancies or inaccuracies and investigate if necessary.
* Accurate coding and recording into the general ledger system to ensure that the costs are allocated to the business
* Adding and removing users in a database in a timely manner to ensure that it accurately represents the actual position.
* Creating monthly billing report for Project Leads.
* Weekly/Daily research of billing applications and invoice analysis
* Monitor email and phone calls; proactively respond to and/or coordinate issues when possible
* Daily interaction with all Functional Teams
* Integrating invoicing and insurance claims with relevant 3rd party end users
* Monitor client invoices to ensure expected invoices are received and loaded monthly [track, order, and obtain missing invoices]
* Allocate charges to client’s cost centres, projects and departments
* Ability to work proficiently and calmly under pressure situations
* Other duties as assigned to support the team in the administrative function
* Provide dedicated administrative support in a professional, confidential and organised manner
You will need proficiency in using a variety of software packages such as Microsoft Word, Outlook. Intermediary knowledge of Excel with knowing how to use Pivot tables and V look up tables. This should be supplemented by having excellent analytical skills.
In return you will receive a structured career path with development opportunities
- Address Birmingham, West Midlands (County)