Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £25000 – £28000/annum Holidays, pension, bupa
My client in South Molton is currently in need of a CNC Machinist.
The CNC Machinist is accountable for setting and operating CNC turning and milling machines in order to produce parts to engineering technical drawings following set operating procedures. The ideal candidate will have the knowledge to review parts to ensure they comply with measurements on drawings and take remedial action as appropriate by adjusting offsets.
* Work closely with the pre setter to ensure tooling is set up correctly
* Set & Operate CNC machine to specific programme as per part number and work instruction sheet via utilisation of the DNC link (direct numerical control) on computer
* Load tooling as appropriate into CNC machine
* Check accuracy of first off
* Check accuracy of parts using appropriate measurement tools
* Take corrective action to rectify errors by offset adjustment on CNC machine
* Obtain & Maintain “A Stamp” Approval status for machines and processes
* Undertake inspection process of other team members work when required
* Work on own initiatives and resolve any issues or problems to company specific procedures
* Knowledge and application of lean principles/tools/5 S/seven wastes, participating in Kaizen events
* Ability to be flexible and adaptable working on different machines and assisting colleagues as required.
* Flexible in work patterns to meet business needs
* Maintain TPM on machines
The salary for this position is paying up to £28k per annum which also includes a very good holiday package with additional benefits on top.
If you would like to be considered for the role then please respond with an up to date CV
- Address South Molton, Devon