Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Our client is a leading engineering and construction business operating across the UK and Ireland
Following some exciting changes to the leadership structure in the UK, an opening to join their Estimating function has been created.
They will consider an experienced civil engineer looking to forge a career within estimating but this would be equivalent to Section engineer level i.e. spent minimum 4 to 5 years on site and progressed through engineering ranks.
As part of your role as Civil Estimator you will have had solid technical experience, knowledge and understanding of the estimating function.
If you no longer want to be in site based civil engineering role or similar and are looking for a more fixed office based 9 to 5 this opportunity might well be for you !!
This role would be ideal if you have robust practical and technical experience in a civil estimating role, coupled with leadership aspirations. There is the opportunity for you to develop to be the leader of this function in the future, with support and coaching from the existing management team.
You must have relevant site engineering and estimating experience ideally civils, groundworks and RC Frame
You will be responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of tender submissions for a range of civil engineering projects throughout London and the South East, so extensive experience in pricing within the UK market is essential.
You will work closely with their Operational, Planning and Design teams, so that along with pricing you will also be able to identify value engineering solutions for their clients in order to add value and opportunity to their tenders.
* Examine incoming tenders to review contract potential, opportunity and value engineer solutions for both the company and their clients
* Price BOQ’s from first principles and have extensive technical knowledge and experience to produce accurate and competitive tenders.
* Measure & take-off quantities from drawings to cross check quantities against BOQ’s or to produce BOQ’s.
* Source pre-project information required and appraisal of supplier and sub-contractor quotations.
* Able to identify contract risks in order to compile a risk register for the tender appraisal.
* Produce reports for tender adjudication meetings with the operational and commercial teams.
* Attend pre & post contract reviews and client meetings.
* Examine contract obligations
* Degree qualified in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction Management (preferred)
* Main-contractor experience in varying projects including residential, bulk earthworks, groundworks, substructure concrete, paving, roadworks, drainage and/or RC frame
* Ability to work methodically in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
* A confident communicator with demonstrable interpersonal skills and workplace relationships
* Proven track record on projects over £5m
* Leadership ambition
- Address Greater London