Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £25000 – £27000/annum
Salary: £12.00 – £13.00 p/h paid weekly (£25,000 – £27,000 p/a) + overtime
Location: Nr. Swadlincote, Derbyshire
Hours: Full time, 40 hours p/w + overtime as needed
My client owns and manages a very successful, independent hotel and restaurant with a fantastic reputation offering high quality, freshly prepared food. With 170 covers in their busy restaurant and a function room that seats 100, they have the capability to cater for any occasion.
They are currently seeking a chef with experience to join their strong and united team of 6 chefs and 4 kitchen porters. They will offer the successful candidate full training across all kitchen sections and also allow a level of autonomy to work using your own initiative.
This is an excellent opportunity for a reliable, aspiring chef that wants to take their next step to develop their experience and skills across all kitchen sections and gain valuable training from long standing professionals.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Daily food preparation
* Cooking freshly food for the restaurant and functions
* Assisting with menu creation
* Food service during busy periods
* Working across all kitchen sections
* Maintaining the highest standards of food hygiene and safety
* Shift patterns between 10am to 10pm with 2 days off each week
Experience and skills:
* Minimum of 3 years catering experience ideally gained within a restaurant or hotel environment
* A thorough understanding of cooking techniques
* Able to work quickly and efficiently in a busy kitchen
* Professional and reliable with a strong work ethic
* Willing to work hard and stay focussed under pressure
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work in a tidy, organised manner
* A team player with a positive attitude
* A valid Basic Food Hygiene certificate is preferred
* Catering qualification is preferred
Unusually, my client tries their best not to rota chefs for spilt shifts, but there may be some occasions when this will be expected.
This really is a great opportunity to progress your career within the hospitality industry with a well-established and supportive business.
Apply by sending your up to date CV with a covering letter outlining why you are right for this role.
Due to the volume of applicants, if you do not get a reply within 5 days then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion
- Address Swadlincote, Derbyshire