Job Type : Temporary, Full Time
Salary : £9 – £13/hour
Care Home Chef / Cook
Reports To: Home Manager
To plan and deliver the full dining experience with high quality catering, contributing to the overall wellbeing of the residents within the budgets agreed.
* Plan and prepare suitable menus for approval by the Home Manager, which provides varied, nutritious and appetising options for all service users, taking account of any special dietary needs and retaining records for inspection purposes.
* Liaise with approved suppliers to ensure efficient delivery of orders, in line with the company policy and procedures to maintain appropriate stock levels and control. Ensuring good quality provisions are purchased within agreed budget limits.
* Overall responsibility and supervision of other kitchen staff, providing instruction and demonstration to unqualified staff on simple food preparation activity.
* Understand and encourage the principles of safe food handling to ensure all food preparation undertaken in the kitchen is to the highest standards of hygiene.
* Track and Monitor temperature checks of refrigerators and freezers to ensure food is stored safely as per the company policy and procedures.
* Prepare and oversee the cleaning rota, to ensure the regular cleaning of all kitchen areas, equipment and appliances to meet the high standards of cleanliness necessary in food storage, preparation and service areas.
* Prepare and cook all daily meals for residents and staff, and provide catering for special occasions and events, such as birthday cakes.
* Understand your personal responsibilities and practice safe systems of work in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act including a working knowledge of COSHH assessments.
* Act in a professional and courteous manner at all times towards residents and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each resident and ensure effective communication is maintained.
* Develop a welcoming culture within the home to encourage an engaged team working ethos, responding positively to colleagues and actioning all reasonable work instructions promptly.
* Liaise and advise on the supply and quality of items purchased by the home in line with specific tasks, ensuring the timely and appropriate ordering of replacement goods.
* Attend and encourage staff to attend all relevant staff meetings.
* Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety of residents, visitors and staff
* Take reasonable care of items of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults and the need for maintenance or replacement.
* Use and clean kitchen equipment and have the knowledge to observe the Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations 1995.
This is not intended as an exhaustive description of duties and responsibilities and may be amended.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: £8.00-£13.00 per hour
- Address Thames Ditton, Surrey