Catering Team Leader
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £19461/annum
Catering Team Leader
* Up to £19,461 per annum based on experience
* RHS Garden Bridgewater, Salford, Manchester
* 37.5 Hours per week
The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS), the UK’s leading gardening charity inspiring everyone to grow, is looking for exceptional Catering Team Leaders at the new RHS Garden Bridgewater in Salford.
The team leaders will initially be involved in the set-up phase and once open responsible for the supervision and operation of the catering offer in a unique location with Café (230 internal covers and up to 200 externally) and a Shepherd’s Hut grab-and-go outlet within the garden.
Access to a kitchen garden and partnership with an expert team will ensure the café will deliver an exceptional seasonal menu, tied into an events programme, which will provide visitors with a reason to return regularly.
Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic to work as part of the Catering Management Team to develop and implement a consistently high-quality catering team and offer for garden visitors that exceeds guest expectation, delivers KPI’s and operates in a consistent and safe way ensuring H&S and legislative compliance.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
* Deliver a consistent high quality food offer, working closely with the catering management team.
* Lead, manage and motivate a successful catering team over a 7-day operation.
* Ensure the operation is complaint with all RHS, statutory and legislative regulations.
* Work with the Events Team to deliver catering at all events, ensuring the highest levels of customer care and food quality.
* Ensure that the Society's policies and objectives on sustainability and horticulture are reflected in all catering activities.
The successful candidate will have:
* Experience of managing a high-volume fast paced catering team.
* Experience in developing and enhancing new catering outlets and teams.
* Proven record of accomplishment of working within & implementing Health & Safety policy and promoting good health and safety practice.
* Understanding of customer service excellence and presentation standards.
We are looking for an exceptional person able to work at both management and ‘hands on’ level, demonstrating outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, have an organised and proactive approach with the resilience and motivation to seek continual improvement on systems and standards. Flexibility, problem solving skills and the ability to use initiative are key to succeeding in this role.
The role will report to the Catering Manager at RHS Garden Bridgewater and will be a key member of the catering management team.
All applications should be received by 4pm on the closing date of Tuesday 15th December 2020
- Address Salford, Greater Manchester