Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £25000 – £28500/annum
Located in Deeside, Flintshire we are currently working alongside an established manufacturing company who due to internal changes are now looking to appoint a Buyer.
Ultimately within the position of Buyer, you will be tasked with helping to ensure that overall purchasing performance is boosted, whilst maintaining inventory levels and ensuring high levels of customer service and business profitability.
Broken down more specifically, within the position of Buyer your key tasks and responsibility will typically include:
* Helping to ensure and maintain the supply levels of key materials
* Develop supplier strategies.
* Undertake sourcing activities where required
* Analyse costs, and look for ways to reduce / review cost reduction activities.
* Support the development and communication of sourcing strategies
* Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line and being mindful of, specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
* Monitor market trends and supply chain strategies.
* Manage a number of suppliers to help to maximise overall benefit.
* Develop supply agreements with major suppliers to further enhance performance and risk avoidance.
* Ensure that purchasing activities across all sites are controlled and co-ordinated where possible.
* Co-ordinate materials across sites to avoid double stocking and adverse purchasing variations.
With respect to Inventory, you will share responsibility alongside your team members for inventory levels, as well as helping to structure supply contracts to minimise inventory levels. Additionally you will help with the coordination of the inventory / stock take, as well as liaising with internal customers to provide costs and lead times if required.
Given the nature of the role, ideally you will have gained experience from within a manufacturing environment, or similar.
Within the position of Buyer, we would typically look for the following Education / skills & Qualifications:
* Graduate level or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline, or relevant experience and qualifications.
* A relevant professional qualification, for instance: CIPS, or able to demonstrate that this is something you are studying towards.
* Team player with strong ability to communicate at varying levels.
* Previous experience amassed from within a buying / negotiation role.
* ERP experience, this would be considered desirable, but is not essential for the role.
* Solid computer skills, more specifically knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, Word.
* Flexible with the ability to manage / work on multiple tasks.
* Self motivated with a "hands on" approach
Overall this is genuinely a great opportunity to join a forward thinking and progressive company who are affording the chance for a stable and measured career path in the capacity of a buyer. You will find that the above is a condensed version of the full job specification, so if you are interested, and would like further details on this exciting opportunity, then please feel free to contact David at Davinci for an informal discussion.
The services advertised on behalf of Davinci Skilled and Technical Ltd are those of an Employment Agency
- Address Clwyd