Business Development Manager – Scotland
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £40000 – £45000/annum Commission, Company Car, Pension
Do you have bovine reproductive experience or significant dairy experience. Are you motivated, passionate sales professional based in Scotland or the Borders who understand the benefits of providing customers a daily service that's right first time, every time, rather than just in time or just about good enough? Would you like a long-term career rather than just a job?
If you think this could be you then read on…
Antony James Recruitment is supporting one of the UK's leading suppliers of bovine genetics who are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager to launch and promote products and services to internal Genetic Consultants and UK Dairy & Beef farmers in order to consistently generate market growth opportunities in line with the company’s strategic growth initiatives.
The award-winning company brings innovation to breeding and offers a complete range of solutions to deliver improvement on farms. Founded in 1995, the company has since developed a global presence exporting services and products globally.
With a workforce of over 170 professional team members and substantial investment the company's future is very bright for both UK and International business growth.
Being very people orientated, the company strongly believes that investing in people is what makes their brand successful. They are a forward thinking and innovative organisation that listens to and values its people.
Their aim is to provide UK dairy farmers with world class genetics and reproductive services.
Competitive salary and commission scheme, Company Car, Pension, Life Assurance (4 times basic
salary), Employee Discounts.
* Review, prioritise and execute market growth opportunities for the company’s products and services
* Implement and deliver sales and service growth across the company portfolio
* Provide first class technical advice on products in order to fulfil customer and sales team training requirements
* Achieve individual sales/market growth targets
* Manage and build sustainable Genetic Consultant relationships in order to achieve individual targets
* To establish and maintain good customer relationships and provide excellent customer service at all times by understanding the customers business needs
* Develop and maintain knowledge of the Cogent portfolio of products & services as holistic portfolio and formulate suitable customer value propositions
* Develop and maintain knowledge of the industry and market trends
* Ensure that the company policies and procedures are adhered to
* Ensure that all H&S responsibilities are fulfilled and that the team’s (including the role holder), visitors and contractors’ safety and welfare is maintained
* To complete any other duties as required from time to time
* Knowledge of Bovine Genomic Testing and the Dairy Industry preferred
* Proven experience of working within a fast-paced sales and business development environment
* Must be a self-starter and be able to work on their own initiative
* Motivated and driven to achieve results
* Excellent communicator both verbally and written with a proven record of building positive relationships, both external and internal to the organisation
* Smart and tidy appearance
* Full clean driving license
* Ability to travel both domestic UK and International
* Although the role is predominantly home-based, the role will require occasional overnight stays away from home for meetings or events.
* Flexibility with working hours to accommodate the needs of the customer.
To discover more abut this role please click “apply” including your CV and contact details and we will be in contact with you to discuss this opportunity in more detail
- Address Perth, Perth and Kinross