Business Development Manager
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £40000 – £50000/annum + Commission/Bonus
We have an immediate need for an innovative, results-oriented Business Development Manager (BDM) that desires a challenging, dynamic and fast-paced environment in which to apply their skills.
Verv is entering the Air Conditioning and Heat Pump market with their range of super smart Isolators as Data & AI specialists delivering predictive, early warning, remote detection technology to installers, AC Companies and homeowners for the Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Markets in the UK.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Business Development Manager will play a key role in developing the sales pipeline and business/technology strategy, as well as working with the technical leads to ensure active projects are running on time and to budget. The successful Business Development Manager candidate will report into the Verv’s Head of Sales & Commercial.
* Developing a go-to-market strategy in conjunction with the leadership and marketing team.
* Play a key role in developing our service offerings, solutions/products through researching and understanding market conditions and trends.
* Building a 12-month sales pipeline.
* Developing and managing the opportunity pipeline ensuring high % win ratio.
* Identifying key accounts and developing joint action plans with them to build mutually valuable relationships.
* Undertake all aspects of the sales cycle: lead generation, client identification, warm and cold calling, leading client meetings up to senior management level, presentations remotely and face to face to position Austin Consultants’ solution and service offerings and align with clients technical and business objectives,
* Producing proposals and quotes and then following through the sales process to completion of sales.
* Managing & negotiating favourable contract and project terms, such as payment terms, deliverables, pricing etc.
* Regular business strategy reviews with the senior management team.
* Provide concise regular opportunity and pipeline updates to the senior management team.
* Evaluating the success of all projects against set benchmarks, and sharing lessons or best practice.
* Able to work autonomously, whilst working closely with all team members including engineering and marketing.
* Travel between the different offices based in the UK and visit potential clients to sell Austin Consultants' value propositions and the benefits of working with our solutions
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
* Essential experience of services and/or equipment sales in Air Conditioning or the heat pump market.
* Practical experience working in a similar business development role selling technology solutions (provable minimum order book size of £500k. per annum)
* Proven client facing presentation skills and relationship management up to senior management level.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate people.
* Proven track record of sales capability including lead generation, new business development, client relationship management and account development, market and vertical penetration.
* Proven ability to work independently as well as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment and contribute to multiple projects.
* Excellent communication and phone manner.
* Ability to rapidly absorb new concepts and apply them effectively.
* Good knowledge of requirements for system integration.
* Proactive and participative team member attributes, excellent organisational talent.
* Analytical and problem-solving aptitude, attention to detail and the ability to listen.
* A self starter, who will seize the initiative before being asked.
* Numeracy skills and commercial awareness.
* Highly motivated, possess a professional attitude and work ethic.
* Flexible to regularly travel UK wide to clients and internal offices (2-3 days per week on average) which may involve staying away. Occasional travel outside the UK should be expected, with reasonable notice (when not in a global pandemic).
* Own car for business use and UK driving licence. (15000 miles travel p.a.)
* Right to work in the UK.
General understanding of a variety of hardware platforms for test, measurement and control
Remote with UK wide coverage (we have offices/bases in Sheffield, London, Bristol and Norwich but it is not expected that you have to be working from any of these offices)
Head of Commercial/CEO
£40-£50K basic salary plus bonus
- Address Sheffield, South Yorkshire