Business Development Executive
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating a real career opportunity for a Business Sales Executive to join our team in Leeds .
You will have responsibility for leading the sales engagement into new corporate sales opportunities, principally, but not exclusively through your aligned SCC corporate sales branches. The role is tasked to find and win new business customer’s, and to increase ongoing revenue / margins within your aligned customers through the first 12 months from initial contract signature acting as a product, and solution champion to develop and maximize the uptake and deployment of our wider proposition portfolio.
• Follow ORB processes, and commercial guidelines and required sign-off processes in all new sales opportunities to ensure product and services mix maximizes profitability.
• Understand business drivers to maximize profit in all new sales opportunities incl. of the full SCC Document Services offering
Sales – New Business
• Winning new MPS business in corporate sales targets
• Build an understanding of aligned SCC branches, sales people, and key customers to provide real insight to support customer goals/objectives through the sales of MPS and related software and other document service offerings
• Develop a sales plan based on aligned SCC corporate and direct corporate (prospects) and knowledge of key targets, incumbency and existing contractual timelines
• Build strong commercial proposals showing good knowledge of the various leasing options and providers to ensure defined business value is presented to the customer in a clear and concise manner to supporting customer decision making
• A clear understanding of targets, prospects and business value to allow accurate forecasting into the business
• Ensure a close association with the Project Management team through deployment acting as a reference point and taking ownership for either customer or internal issues and seeing to resolution
• Act as the focal point for aligned bids and tenders ensuring the ‘virtual team’ meets deadlines, and key points in the timeline to ensure a successful submission
• A strong understanding of our core MPS proposition and tools i.e. Intelligence along with the wider DS services to quickly assess the opportunity to widen the services annuity
• Build trust and confidence with aligned SCC Sales Manager’s and sales teams to generate qualified leads with in the SCC aligned branch customer base.
• Effective and regular use of CRM systems (Salesforce) and account planning tools to ensure up to date online/shared records
• Build long-term and sustainable relationships and networking with key stakeholders including C-Level, developing a unique understanding of their needs in their industry to allow for a seamless handover post the initial 12 months to the Account Management team
• Work with key influencer’s, vendor partner managers, vendor end-user sales resource to identify target customers
Skills and Behaviour’s
• Proven selling experience 8 + years supported by formal selling courses/qualifications
• Confident and professional communication skills – written and verbal with particular focus on presentations
• Proven and demonstrable track record in renegotiating high value MPS contracts in the Corporate Sector marketplace
• Specific knowledge of technologies and products within the MPS, MDS , IT or Managed Services industry
• Know the strengths and weaknesses of key competitors in our marketplace
• Must be risk aware and understand the strategies for managing risk and apply this in customer facing commercial modelling
• Creative with strong problem-solving skills and an ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
• Target driven and competitive by nature
• Ability to work effectively without guidance and/supervision
• Must be able to build cross functional bid teams to maximize the win ratio in new business opportunities
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- Address Leeds, West Yorkshire