Broiler Breeder Farm Manager
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £27000 – £28000/annum
Role: Broiler Breeder Farm Manager
Responsible to: Area Manager
The Farm Manager will be responsible for the successful management and production of the Farms to meet specific KPIs. These relate to meeting the business needs in terms of chick production, quality and cost
* Being mindful of material usage and farm production to maintain your farms progress against target parameters such as breed and business goals.
* Undertake practical activities, such as using the egg packing machine, operating machinery/equipment, feeding birds and maintaining the external areas of the farm.
* Work closely with the hatchery to communicate needs to maximize potential hatchability and yield from your flock.
* Order supplies such as feed, bedding and consumables etc.
* Organise the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment.
* Plan activities for staff, mentoring and monitoring them to develop within the business.
* Maintain and monitor the quality of hatching eggs.
* Understand the implications of the extreme changes in weather and make contingency plans.
* Make sure paperwork is completed and ready for deadlines, such as end of week returns and veterinary testing.
* Ensure current government regulations concerning farm activities are complied with (e.g. IPPC regulations)
* Ensure that farm activities comply with welfare regulations and comply to all auditing e.g. ACP, Integra etc.
* Maintain a knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to prevent them and furthermore treat them.
* Apply health and safety standards across the farm site.
* Work closely with your management team to help in achieving goals and targets.
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
Skills and Experience Required
* A knowledge of hatching egg production and an awareness of quality standards and hygiene.
* Organisational and time-management skills
* The ability to work under pressure
* Supervisory skills and management ability
* Numerical aptitude
* Self-motivation, with the ability to motivate others
* Communication and IT skills
* Commitment to the farm
* Good technical knowledge
* A good understanding of modern farming methods
* A commitment to animal welfare
* An understanding of the ways in which farming impacts the environment
* A desire to train and develop staff
* A desire to be the best!
Salary range depending on experience
- Address CH3, Tattenhall, Cheshire West and Chester