Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
To manage the individual project bid process to ensure that a properly considered and co-ordinated bid can be presented for adjudication.
The role of Bid Manager will report directly to the Senior Bid Manager.
The main duties will include:
* Management of pre-qualification, tender and bid pre construction activities up to submission of bid
* Developing clear, well written proposals which convey operational, technical and commercial solutions in a clear and concise manner
* Preparing technical and non technical text for inclusion in marketing materials, the intranet an website
* Updating and integration of knowledge management within new Document Management and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
* Promoting the ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 principles and all aspects of best practice in respect of quality, environmental and health & safety management as it relates to this post.
* To liaise with relevant staff as required.
* To work effectively as part of a team
* To maintain confidentiality regarding client information at all times.
* To operate within the equal opportunities policy framework and implement the policy within this area of work.
* As required, to attend training sessions, conferences and staff meetings in line with our commitment to Investors in People.
* To be self servicing in the area of administrative functions.
* To liaise with relevant staff and outside authorities/agencies as requested.
* To adhere to Breyer Group’s Quality Assurance Policy
* To adhere to Breyer Group’s Health and Safety policy.
* To adhere to Breyer Group’s Environmental Standards and accreditations.
Person Specification – Bid Manager
The successful candidate should meet the following requirements:
Knowledge and experience
* Proven working experience of writing and managing business proposals.
* Excellent Excel and Word skills are a prerequisite in the performance of this role.
* Experience of undertaking projects independently, and seeing projects thorough to completion.
Personal attributes and skills
* To be a self starter and the ability to use own initiative as well as working effectively as part of a team.
* Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritise own workload, deal with conflicting demands and meet tight deadlines.
* Ability to show tact and discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
* Excellent written communication skills
* Excellent planning and organisational skills.
* An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Flexibility and willingness to work outside normal office hours when required.
* Working experience of presenting technical and complex information in a clear and understandable manner.
* Knowledge of the construction industry and its clients
* An understanding of the social and affordable housing market sector.
Breyer Group is an equal opportunities employer
- Address Greater London