Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £10.25/hour
Part-time, Assistant/Sous Chef job vacancy, close to Lancaster, Lancashire – Both drivers & non-drivers are welcome to apply, however you must be able to get to the home.
This role is set within our lovely Residential/Dementia home, a 24-minute (19miles) commute from Lancaster.
* £10.25 per hour.
* 16-hours per week, contracted hours
* Will be required to cover annual leave/sickness when required.
* Excellent technical cooking skills is essential.
* Recognised qualification in catering/culinary skills is desirable.
* Good understanding of food hygiene & safety regulations.
We are a not for profit, charitable organisation, providing housing, care, and support to older adults. We have over 60-years’ experience and it is our mission to enhance the quality of life for older people through high-quality accommodation and care. Any extra funds are used to enhance our facilities and life for our residents. They are at the heart of our home.
Our residential home is a recently converted building set in a picturesque town on the edge of the Lake District with local amenities just a stone’s throw away. The home is light and spacious with a real homely atmosphere, all our facilities are adapted to meet the needs of our residents. Our facilities include lounges for residents to sit and chat, a conservatory, and a garden with a summer house and patio for the warmer months. There always lots going on here too, regular activities including games and films afternoons, dancing, and library visits to keep residents entertained.
As our Assistant/Sous Chef, you will play a vital role in providing the nutritional needs that are so important to our residents’ well-being. Good food makes everyone feel better, so the role of the kitchen is vital in keeping residents well nourished and happy. The role will also involve:
* Preparing meals using fresh ingredients to the highest standards.
* Ensuring resident nutritional needs are met adhering to dietary requirements.
* Developing varied, balanced, and wholesome menus.
* Ensuring the cleanliness of the kitchen & storage areas.
* Adhering to the food hygiene & COSHH regulations.
* Ensuring stock levels are optimised.
If you are interested in applying for this Assistant/Sous Chef job vacancy and you have the right qualities to work at our special home, then just click apply. We will contact you to answer any questions you may have and tell you much more about joining us
- Address LA1, Lancaster, Lancashire