Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
What You’ll Do
We have created a collaborative team environment where 2D and 3D VFX Artists work alongside each other to create stunning, award-winning visual effects for our Clients.
The Assets Supervisor works closely with the VFX Supervisor to identify potential strategies, assess technical options, and evaluate production schedules. The Assets Supervisor is responsible for leading these projects to deliver on-time and to specification and is expected to be involved in all stages of 3D Pre and Post Production. The Assets Supervisor demonstrates mastery of the toolsets, techniques and workflows and leadership skills required to effectively lead the Assets team, both technically and artistically.
* Defines the creative and technical approach for the show
* Works with Production to manage the day-to-day running of the team and evaluates Artists’ schedules
* ensuring they are realistic and achievable
* Responsible for and an expert approach to character, creature, vehicle, and character prop design
* Drive early creature/character design and development
* Drives dailies and rounds with Artists and Supes to give feedback/approvals
* Troubleshoots cross-department Asset-related issues, and identifies and drives efficiencies of any areas
* of asset build and implements solutions for workflow, toolset, pipeline, and design improvement
* Briefs and supervises the Assets work completed by the Bangalore Assets teams
* Ensures that all builds meet and push the global standards of quality of MPC
The Assets Supervisor works with the VFX and CG Supes to assist in the bidding of projects and build key Client relationships.
* Assesses scripts, early concepts and briefs and other reference material to help breakdown Assets requirements and bid out appropriately
* Ensures that bid days are worked to and the best possible product is achieved within those bid days
* Interprets the Client’s vision in respect to Characters, in collaboration with the other Supes
The Assets Supervisor will be collaborative with a strong teamwork ethic, nurturing junior and mid-level talent within the Assets departments including helping with technical and creative problems and knowledge transfer. The Assets Supervisor is inspirational and leads the team to deliver world class work.
* Creates and maintains training and discipline documentation
The Assets Supervisor is an ambassador of MPC Episodic and represents the company at industry-wide talks and forums, maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of VFX tools and emerging technologies.
• Collaborates with the software team and acts as a stakeholder for any asset related software development projects
- Address London