Senior Graphic Designer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £28000 – £32000/annum
Our client based in Street are seeking Senior Graphic Designer to join their team on a permanent basis.
£28k – £32k per annum (dependant on experience)
Purpose of role:
To conceptualise, design and execute creative solutions that consistently communicate the brand’s identity, positioning, and messaging through catalogue, print, TV, website, email, social media, wholesale events, HCP etc).
If successful you will need to hold a wide range of design capabilities and experience, with solid background in visuals communications, commercial, print, digital, photography, video, branding, and typography.
Working alongside the Senior Marketing Manager to:
* Evolve our client’s brands
* Develop the brand guidelines and be pro-active in evolving the brand.
* Develop and mentor the creative team’s skills and knowledge.
* Ensure that brainstorming and new ideas are continually generated within the creative team.
* To produce artwork and creative for catalogues, brochures, advertisements, point of sale materials, posters, envelopes, packaging, mailing templates, e-mails, and web pages.
* To liaise with outside design agencies as and when necessary.
* To be responsible for ensuring creative deadlines are met.
* Where appropriate, be the interface with printers and eternal vendors.
* To seek feedback on design work to assist with identifying improvements.
* Stay current on industry trends.
* To provide additional support to other teams as required.
* To assist in the in-house photographic studio when needed.
All the above duties vary depending on the amount of work on the particular day, but you are expected to perform consistently during both quiet and busy periods and to manage your time effectively. Your duties may change over time as requirements and circumstances change.
Monday – Friday
8.00am and 5.00pm
Due to the nature of the role we would expect you to take a flexible approach to your hours, working outside normal office hours if required. This would be discussed in advance.
* A formal qualification in a Graphic Design related subject or equivalent experience.
* 5 years minimum work experience in a similar role.
* Experience and qualification in Adobe Creative Suite – Including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator & Fireworks.
* Possess strong conceptual skills, high level sense of design, layout and typography, a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions.
* Minimum GCSE Grade B or equivalent experience in English and Maths.
* A good level of IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Familiar with searching and downloading from the internet.
Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
Creative, organised, team Player.
Able to act on own initiative.
Flexible, willingness to adapt to varying workloads and work types.
Honest and trustworthy as will have contact with sensitive information.
Strong creative, organisational, problem solving and time-management skills.
A confident person with excellent communication skills.
Adaptable and quick learner.
Good organisation and time management skills.
Good attention to detail.
Work well with tight deadlines in a team environment.
Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply, or for further details, please contact Tony on (phone number removed)
- Address Street, Somerset