Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £18000 – £25000/annum
FLEXOGRAPHIC PRINTER MACHINE OPERATOR
* salary negotiable and depends on work experience
Days shift with some flexibility is required
We are pleased to be representing our prestigious North Shropshire based client who is looking for an experienced flexographic printer press operator to run 8 colour machinery.
The successful candidate would need to be an all rounder, mounting plates, mixing inks and running press as required until the expected expansion of the division.
This role could lead to a management position and would be an ideal post for an already experienced printer looking for the opportunity to progress into management.
Key functions include of several activities such as machine review prior to manufacture, understanding and meticulous following of production specifications, hygiene and high levels of quality assurance and general operations.The role will also involve on-going/new project assistance.
The holder of the role will be offered training in all operational activities and will be invited to contribute to all areas of company activity as appropriate.
• Assisting in day to day production of printing, press passes etc.
• Mount plates to instruction
• Mix inks matching using X-Rite equipment
• Operate Printing machinery safely and efficiently and in accordance with BRC and ISO requirements
• Produce complex 8 colour work independently and to the required quality
• Maintain strict cleanliness and maintenance regime
• Record specification data to ensure strict repeatability requirements are met
• Read and follow work procedures and schematics or receive verbal instructions regarding duties
• Perform manufacturing operations and various tasks following procedures, bills of materials, work instructions and process aid sheets
• Maintain daily production output requirements
• Work with the production team leader, engineers, cell leaders and Managers to improve quality, training sessions and ensure overall quality of products are maintained
• Continuous improvement will be constantly reviewed
• Any other tasks as reasonably requested via Management
Essential Qualifications and Skills
• Previous experience of Flexographic printing will be essential
• Able to work to a controlled documented process
• Focused on Quality and Compliance
• Health and Safety focused
• Target Driven
• Excellent communication skills
• Problem solving skills
Please apply online or call Anita for more details on (phone number removed)
- Address Shropshire