Assistant Home Textiles Designer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
A fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Home Textiles Designer to join an established Home Furnishings company who supply curtains, bedding and cushions to Retailers and Online stores including Dunelm & John Lewis. The working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm. We are looking for a recent Design Graduate with 1-2 years’ work experience in a similar role or a relevant placement.
* Statutory Pension scheme
* Holidays are 20 days + Bank Holidays (increasing by a day each year up to 25 days)
* Free car parking
* Staff sales
* Life insurance
* Working in the Design team & reporting to the Design Manager.
* Designing and developing commercial collections for large customer accounts.
* Creatively working to customer specifications and briefs.
* Developing ideas to give the company an innovative edge over the competition.
* Working closely with new and existing suppliers.
* Liaising with customers on their design briefs and preparing portfolios for design selection.
* Updating suppliers on design, quality and colour requirements for sampling.
* Archiving and cataloguing completed designs.
* Briefing the supplier on the dates embedded in the critical path.
* Ensuring deadlines are met in the critical path.
* Other duties as required.
* Have 1- 2 years experience in Textiles Design.
* Have a Degree in Textile Design (or similar).
* The ability to translate market trends into winning fabric collections.
* Strong CAD skills such as NED Graphics, AVA, Photoshop & Illustrator.
* A great eye for colour and design.
* Creative and good attention to detail
* Excellent customer service skills.
Please be aware the duties listed above are an interpretation of the role and do not form any part of your employment contract. Please ask the interviewer any questions about the role that you wish to clarify.
Tagged Resources Limited acts as an employment agency. We have 25 years of Recruitment and Industry experience, working with Retail and Supply Chain markets and have various positions available. If this vacancy does not suit your experience and you are looking for a suitable role please look at our website or follow us on social networking sites. All are updated on a daily basis
- Address Manchester, Greater Manchester