Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £20150/annum
We are looking for exceptional graduate designers who have graduated within the last 2 years to join our talented team as junior designers.
emc design are experts in designing stunning materials that educate and inspire learners across the world. We work with global educational publishers, language schools, teachers and assessment institutes to name a few to help them create beautiful, engaging and functionally designed learning materials.
Our culture is to nurture and develop new designers who have been taught the fundamental basics of good design at undergraduate level, including typography, information design, layout skills and concept development. We look for people who have the enthusiasm and potential to become the very best editorial designers.
Starting salary £20,150 with salary reviews + extensive benefits.
This is not an internship/work experience, this is a real life job with amazing career prospects for designers who want to start their career with us. The role is full-time (37.5 hours) and based at our studio in Oakley, Bedfordshire.
* Paid Overtime or convert it to time off in lieu.
* Private health care with Vitality – which gives you access to lots of membership benefits and discounts on top of a very comprehensive private health insurance scheme, including enhanced access to mental health care. You can also add family members to your policy.
* Employee Assistance Programme – a free 24/7 confidential helpline.
* Bonus scheme paid yearly based on reaching our profit target. Plus other rewards to recognise outstanding achievement and attitude.
* Contributory pension scheme which rises to match your 5% contribution once you’ve been with us for 5 years.
* Cycle and tech schemes.
* We offer long standing service bonuses at 5, 10, 15+ years to recognise loyal members of the team.
* We increase your holiday above the statutory allowance for each year of service, currently up to 25 days plus bank holidays.
* Relocation package available if required.
* Extensive on the job training.
Are you a good fit?
* Top of our list are people with an excellent eye for detail, and a particular interest in / aptitude for editorial design.
* We’re looking for someone who enjoys balancing creativity and technical accuracy.
* A good mix of academic ability and artistic flair is ideal.
* If you’re a problem solver and you love a puzzle, chances are you’ll fit right in!
To apply for this role please send us your PDF CV, portfolio and short covering email explaining how your experience meets our criteria.
We’re looking for designers to start ASAP and will be looking at applicants as soon as they apply.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Please let us know if you need any assistance with contacting us.
Once you click apply you will be directed to our website to complete your application
- Address MK43, Oakley, Bedford