Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £47000 – £50000/annum + Bonus + Package
Design Engineer (Fluid Power)
One of the Midlands most successful SMEs over the last 5 years is now looking to strengthen its product portfolio with the introduction of a Fluid Power Design Specialist (Hydraulics).
As an organisation they have successfully moved into several new markets and industries in the last few years, which has been down to the continued innovation of their products and technology, within their Midlands Technical Centre.
Over the last 18 months the company has seen continued growth from existing and new customers, with more requesting their technology as they continue in the later parts of 2021.
The position will support an existing team of Mechanical and Electronic Design and Development Engineers in the creation and development of new technology, with a focus on performance, reliability and safety.
* £47,000 – £50,000
* Bonus (Quarterly)
* 33 Days Holidays (Including Bank Hols)
* 37.5 Hr Week
* 1pm Finish on Fridays
* Career Development & Enhancement
* Technical Training
* Regular investment in R&D Technology and Equipment
* Complete Ownership of Projects
The role of the Design Engineer will initially cover two main primary functions.
The first being the set up and research into existing group products, by evaluating and testing a range of Hydraulic Valves and Components to understand their suitability for the European market sectors. The second will be the NPD and Design of new products that will meet the current needs and demands of the European marketplace.
Once this second phase has been initiated, a third component of the role will be to introduce and recruit new junior team members within the Fluid Power team and become a Team Leader in charge of running all associated Fluid Power projects and Programmes.
* Design and set up Test Rigs and procedures
* Set up documentation and report procedures
* Carry our Design Reviews
* Carry out 3D CAD Design Modifications
* New Product Development – 3D CAD
* Liaise with internal and external (Overseas) partners and departments.
* Product Design and Design for Manufacture Duties
* Report to the Design Manager with weekly updates
* Attend future innovation technology team meetings
* Liaise with suppliers and test agencies
The right candidate for the Design Engineer will have the following experience and attributes:
* A formal qualification in Mechanical or Design Engineering (Degree of Similar)
* Strong 3D CAD skills (Solidworks, Creo or Inventor)
* Strong experience designing Fluid Power related products (Hydraulics and Pneumatics)
* A minimum of 3 years post qualification mechanical design experience within either a Hydraulic or Pneumatic development environment.
* Excellent Project Engineering skills
* Ability to lead or manage small teams of junior engineers
* A proven background of taking projects from concept through to prototyping and approval phases.
* A good understanding of mechanical design applications including Vales, Machined and Casted parts.
This position would be an excellent move for either an engineer who is early in their career and is seeking a new challenge, or a more seasoned engineer who is seeking more responsibility and project ownership.
Commutable from: Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Cannock, Stafford, Telford, Lichfield, Dudley, Stourbridge
- Address WS11, Cannock, Staffordshire