Senior Product Designer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £25000 – £30000/annum
We are working with a Playground and Outdoor Classroom Equipment company based in Northampton who design, supply, and install a wide range of playground and outdoor classroom solutions for Schools, Nurseries, Academies, Parks, Open Spaces, Sports and Games areas across the UK and are looking to recruit a Senior Product Designer to join the team and be responsible for designing new play equipment.
You will be joining an established and award-winning design team within a Playground and Outdoor Classroom Equipment company that has been established for over 20 years and is passionate about what they do.
As the Senior Product Designer you will
* Apply your expert knowledge of timber and steel play equipment design and manufacturing as you research and develop concepts to expand the current range of outdoor play and learning equipment.
* Utilise the inhouse estimating team and supplier network to provide costings to achieve target profit margins.
* Project manage your own and your teams work to ensure an efficient workflow from concept generation through to manufacture.
* Employ strong modelling skills (Fusion360 and Inventor) including sheet metal, weldments and production of technical drawings for manufacture and renders for presentation.
* Develop additions for both their standard range and for bespoke products.
* Produce product designs that can be manufactured efficiently and cost effectively.
As the Senior Product Designer you will need:
* Experience from within the Playground and/or Outdoor Classroom sector.
* The technical ability to design, work with suppliers to manufacture.
* Experience of producing detailed assembly and part drawings, instructions and B.O.M assemblies for all new equipment.
* A good working knowledge of Fusion360 and/or Inventor.
* Experience of the manufacturing processes for steel and timber.
* A genuine interest in improving play experiences for children, the enthusiasm and drive needed to succeed and the attention to detail needed to ensure everything about the product, the manufacturing and assembly process is as it should be.
On offer is a salary of upto £30,000 which is negotiable based on experience, 22 days holiday plus all Bank Holidays, a pension scheme and wider benefits package and ongoing career progression opportunities
- Address NN1, Northampton, Northamptonshire