Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Jackson is one of the largest privately owned Civil Engineering contractors operating across the UK and we are now seeking a Design Co-ordinator. This positions could be based at any one of our offices which includes Ipswich, Huntingdon, Royston, Mereworth, Farnborough or Chesterfield.
This will be a full time role working wholly within the design management team, providing a design management service to successfully awarded schemes where there are significant contractor designed elements.
· Provide assistance and advice regarding design input required at tender stage
· Assist in building designer/JCE integrated teams
· Manage and review consultant and sub-contractor design work and assist in maintaining the approved design consultant register
· Provide advice and assistance to site staff on design matters
· Provide advice and assistance on planning
· Advise on appropriateness of technical solutions
· Act as Design Co-ordinator during the tender period, and construction stage, as required
· Advise on design responsibilities under CDM 2015
Are you the person we are looking for?
We’re after someone with:
· Good collaborative communication skills
· Ideally an engineering background which allows them to envisage how schemes are built
· A liking for detail
· Programming software skills
· Awareness of applicable CDM Regs requirements
· An understanding of the need to work to accepted design processes, procedures, guidance, codes and standards
· A general understanding of common construction specifications
· Management skills to encourage designers to provide on time, right first time, solutions.
We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer company car or car allowance, life assurance cover, company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, cycle to work scheme and an Employee Assistance Programme.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within two weeks, please note that on this occasion your application has not been succesfull
- Address Ipswich, Suffolk