Strategic Design Manager
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £40000 – £45000/annum + bonus structure
At Electrosonic we're on a mission. A mission to design, build and support innovative technology solutions that create experiences for people to live, work and play. We're looking for passionate, dedicated gamechangers to join our team and drive the future of Electrosonic. Think you have what it takes?
1. Do you enjoy creating new sales partnerships and long-lasting relationships?
2. Do you love the art of building a strategy around accounts?
3. Do you like creating solutions to help customers solve their problems?
If you have answered "yes" to these questions, please keep reading to hear more about an exciting new opportunity at Electrosonic Inc.
With a position at Electrosonic Inc, you will join a team that provides cutting-edge technology solutions for world-class projects. Electrosonic is made up of passionate, super-smart, energetic people, who will challenge and inspire you every day. Do you want to be part of something exciting and unique? Then please join us.
Electrosonic Inc. is looking for a Strategic Design Manager directly reporting to the Head of Design for the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region.
In this role you will be part of the Global Electrosonic Design team and will be responsible for generating new leads, developing new relationships and qualified leads and opportunities to build the pipeline for the future success of Electrosonic. You will nurture and grow relationships within the Design, Estates and Construction industry. You will pursue, seek out and nurture projects relating to; the future of Workplace Design, Technology, Systems Integration and Service Support business in all vertical markets we focus on for Commercial, Leisure & Culture and Entertainment, with your predominant focus being in Estate Development & Commercial Workplace.
Role & Responsibilities
• Manage relationships within the ‘partner’ ecosystem such as Architects & Design Firms, Owner Reps and Project Management Firms, General Contractors & Fabricators as well as Content Producers to build the brand and the business.
• Work to grow relationships with an emphasis on design within the region, alongside growing existing and creating new relationships.
• Demonstrate deep insight into our customer's business and industry trends
• Proactively participate in a joint company strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
• Develop overall strategies to grow new and existing accounts while finding new areas of business and understanding customer needs.
• Champion and manage new design project RFPs or opportunities to create stronger partnerships and get in early.
• Target design opportunities in the focused vertical markets.
• Develop proposals for design opportunities and carry them through the close process.
• Provide professional and timely responses to client requests and questions.
• Obtain and review bidding documents such concept renderings, RFPs, RFIs, project narratives.
• Coordinate relevant project tours and technology demonstrations for partner accounts where applicable.
• Provide the required monthly sales, quotas, and forecast reports using the CRM reporting tool.
• Build a business plan centred around meeting individual and team goals in each calendar year.
• Attend sales meetings and presentations as required.
• Demonstrate product and system capabilities to all levels of clients, including one-onone situations as well as representing the company at trade and industry shows and events.
• Travel to customers and other preapproved events as required.
What Experience, Skills and Attributes you will need to be successful?
• Experience success managing large and highly complex 8 figure deals concurrently and strategically.
• Past or current experience working for an Architect or Design Firm, Owner Rep, Content Producer or General Contractor is highly beneficial.
• The ability to create and identify project budgets, scope of works, key decision makers and schedules.
• Experience with Microsoft CRM Dynamics is beneficial but not required.
• Existing relationships or experience working in design and construction industry is a must.
What qualifications are required?
• 10+ years of Business Development experience.
• Must have a strong existing partner network within design and construction industries, specifically in London, UK and Europe with future looking towards the Middle East regions. The ideal partner network would be made up of Architects & Design Firms, Owner Reps and Project Management Firms, General Contractors & Fabricators and Content Companies.
• Must live in or around the greater London area where the key partner targets will be.
• Must have proven business development and negotiating skills.
• Must have professional presentation skills.
• Must possess strong communication and written skills.
• Must be proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft CRM, and Outlook programs.
• Must be willing to travel and regularly visit customers.
Electrosonic is an international audio-visual and technology services company that designs, builds, and supports innovative solutions creating lasting experiences where people live, work and play.
Founded in 1964, Electrosonic has been recognized for its superior and unsurpassed technology master planning and system integration. With unique global capability, we deliver highly complex world-class projects, conference room technology, and executive briefing centre’s across a multitude of sectors including financial services, professional business, entertainment – theme parks, museums and visitor centres, gaming and hospitality, technology and media, energy and utilities.
Electrosonic provides a comprehensive scope of technical and professional services with expertise in ICT and Network Infrastructure, Security, Surveillance and Access Control, Audio, Video and Control Systems, Acoustics.
Electrosonic is where imagination comes to life
- Address DA2, Hawley, Kent