Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £30000 – £35000/annum
Agricultural Engineer Required to join the Team.
· Liaise daily with the Company Agronomist with regards to the application of crop inputs e.g. fertiliser/agrochemicals
· Recording of all agrochemical and crop inputs into Live Farmer
· Daily maintenance of spraying equipment & tractors to ensure that application rates are in line with recommendations
· To apply plant protection products safely and to wear required PPE in line with legislation
· General weed control around the various sites using pedestrian equipment e.g. knapsack/lance sprayer
· To actively maintain their professional qualifications e.g. NROSO, and undertake any training required related to their work duties
· To maintain the spray store in a clean and orderly manner
· To undertake cultivations, as required, as backup for the Primary Tractor Driver
· To give day to day instruction, when required, to seasonal tractor drivers in the safe operation of tractors and machinery
· To set a standard to seasonal tractor drivers with regards to the expected standard of work
· Any other tasks as required for the efficient running of the company
· Communication – Be understood by others. Is clear, concise and understandable when talking to others.
· Team working – Works effectively with colleagues to complete allocated tasks. Responds positively to requests for help or support. Aware of the need to work together with people in other areas.
· Adaptability – Adapts to changing tasks, responsibilities or work activities as
Team Leader (if relevant)Responsible for operating machinery in a safe manner in line with the Company's Health & Safety and Food Safety policies and to set a standard for the seasonal workers
· Responsible for agrochemical and crop input applications in a safe and efficient manner in line with legislative and customer requirements
· Responsible for maintaining spraying equipment in a serviceable manner Leadership – Gives guidance and assistance to others to get a task done safely and efficiently. Clearly delegates tasks and responsibilities to others
- Address Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire