Senior Character Artist
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £45000 – £60000/annum + Benefits
Senior Character Artist – Computer Games / Video Games – Warwickshire
Fantastic opportunity for a Senior Artist to join and progress with an Award Winning and fast-growing Gaming Developer.
Based in Leamington Spa, known as one of the UK’s biggest Gaming hub locations.
Not only is this location the hot spot for a career in gaming, it is also a nice place to live.
What makes it GREAT?
-Company has very low staff turnover, Excellent sign that they look after their staff.
-Recent Award for “Best Places to Work 2019”
-Unique projects, shaping the future of gaming.
-A highly successful and profitable business, a stable employer where you can progress your career for the long term.
-Exciting time to join their business as they look to unveil a new landmark project this summer.
-Fantastic company culture, big enough to keep you busy, but small enough to know your name, excellent option if you are fed up with being treated like just another number.
-Top company benefits and great working environment.
-Flexible working hours.
-Ethical business with strong values
-A reputation for promoting good work life balance and also a good social environment, with plenty of lunchtime social activities organised by staff, including board games, a table tennis league and a running club.
Based in Warwickshire my client is a fast-growing gaming developer working on exciting projects with a long-term pipeline of work to fuel further growth of the business and your career.
Seeking a Senior Character Artist who is after an exciting new creative challenge. An artist who can make concept art come to life and create aspirational, inspiring characters for an exceptional new project.
* Model and texture high quality character models.
* Translate and develop concept art into further characterisations
* Prototype our character style to effectively achieve the visual goals to the quality required.
* Work with the team to create a pipeline from asset creation to game.
* Collaborate with the Programming & Art team to find technical solutions for in game character customisation.
* Build strong collaborative working relationships with all members of the team and studio, regardless of discipline or seniority.
* Understand the audience and core goals and game ethos.
To be considered for this Artist role you must meet the following criteria:
– Previous experience making character art for games.
– Proven experience implementing game characters.
– Highly proficient in the use of job relevant software e.g. ZBrush, Maya and Photoshop.
– A strong portfolio of character work.
– Excellence in sculpting, modelling, texturing, surfacing, rigging, skinning and lighting to the defined quality and specifications.
– Exhibit a strong understanding of anatomy, excellent organic modelling skills and model deformation.
– Strong texturing ability and understanding of materials.
– Previous employment as an Artist working for a game developer.
– A strong work ethic, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
– High levels of communication skills.
– Relevant industry qualification (Degree / Diploma etc).
– UE4 experience.
– Substance Designer/Painter experience.
– Experience with Face FX or similar.
The successful Artist will receive:
-Competitive Basic Salary
-Flexible Working Hours
-Relocation Allowance / Assistance
-Private Health Cover
-Gym / Health Club Memberships
-Life Assurance Scheme / Critical Illness & Income Protection
-Office Kitchen fully stocked with snacks and treats.
-Regular team lunches, company funded trips and events.
To be considered for this vacancy or to find out more information please apply now.
Services advertised by Talk Recruitment are that of an employment business and/or agency
- Address Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire